Pregnant Livebearers Question

Old July 22nd 04, 07:45 PM
Marlene Walters

Default Pregnant Livebearers Question

I have a pregnant guppy, a pregnant swordtail, and a pregnant sunburst
platy. Oh, and a pregnant Mickey Mouse platy as well. Does anyone know
where I can find pictures, or info on exactly how they behave when ready
to give birth? The swordtail has had five babies, I think it's her
babies. I am fairly new to this. She still looks pregnant, though. Black
gravid spot, and everything. Is it possible, that I made her have a few
early, because she had fungus, and I treated her with quick cure? Can
she still have more inside? I am sorry for the stupid questions, but I
KNOW someone here will know the answer. Oh, one more question. Is there
anywhere on the net, that sells things to Canada, C.O.D.? I don't have a
credit card. Or even uses paypal? LOL. Thanks for reading.

Marlene

Old July 23rd 04, 01:39 AM
Christy84065

Asked: Does anyone know where I can find pictures
Reply: Do a search in Google under the images type that says pregnant
platy, pregnant guppy (be careful when looking through those results
they have nasty ones there) or pregnant swordtail. Or you could use
the term gravid platy etc.

Asked: Or info on exactly how they behave when ready to give birth?
Reply: I have found conflicting info on the web, that is to be
expected. The best I can do is tell you from personal experience that
the guppies in my tank do not look much different when they are
"pregnant" mine are always fat when they are carrying "sperm packs"
there is always a gravid spot as I have observered. Even my skinny one
has a gravid spot. The pregnant ones just are bigger! *U* The platys
though become a bit shy and hide alot and are visibly different in
size from pregnany to after giving birth, there was a day I could not
find my mickey for a couple of days! It scared me so bad I thought
that she jumped out, but upon inspection of my house I could not find
her. Later that day she made herself known nad I was so relieved!
And the same was true for my gold wag, she hid in my hornwart bush for
quite some time. (She really liked that hornwart and so did her
babies! I recommend you get some of that if you don't already have
some)

Asked: She still looks pregnant, though. Black gravid spot, and
everything. Is it possible, that I made her have a few early, because
she had fungus, and I treated her with quick cure? Can she still have
more inside?
Reply: I had this too. I had to do a real extreme water change. And
my Gold Waggy got really stressed and had two babies that night. Yet
she was still pregnent and I could see the babies through her tummy!
It was soooo cool! It was not till about a week or so later that she
had the rest! The two were fine and now are big and beautiful. The
other babies (she had 8) are growing stil and all are healthy. So, in
answer to your question. Yes it is possible that she is still
pregnant.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions go ahead and email me
NO SPAMMING THOUGH YOUS GUYS!