iPod and 2005 BMW 525i

Old December 21st 04, 08:49 PM
Golfncpa

Default iPod and 2005 BMW 525i

I have just purchased a 2005 525i. Does anyone know a third party kit
that can be purchased to use the iPod with my car? I don't want to use
the FM adapter that can be purchased for the iPod, not good reception.
(I used my son's iPod and FM adapter) I don't have the nav system,
only the stock iDrive.

Thanks for any input.

Old December 22nd 04, 01:13 AM
Jeff Strickland

There is a gizmo that plugs into the cassette that works very well.

oups.com...

Old December 22nd 04, 01:54 AM
Golfncpa

There is no casette on the 2005 525i only a single CD. I didn't
purchase a CD changer.

Old December 22nd 04, 02:02 AM
Jeff Strickland

Well then, barring aux inputs on the back of the head unit, you have to use
the modulator.

oups.com...

Old December 22nd 04, 12:29 PM
Chip BROWN

BMW offers a nice kit that will allow you to use the vehicles audio
controlls for the IPOD unit.

Old December 22nd 04, 01:45 PM
John Carrier

Check out the unit offered by Dension (Densionusa.com) or the one that
Monster will have available next month. IIRC, the BMW unit doesn't work
with E39 or E60.

R / John

oups.com...

Old December 23rd 04, 05:32 AM
Robert La Ferla

Golfncpa wrote:
> I have just purchased a 2005 525i. Does anyone know a third party kit
> that can be purchased to use the iPod with my car? I don't want to use
> the FM adapter that can be purchased for the iPod, not good reception.
> (I used my son's iPod and FM adapter) I don't have the nav system,
> only the stock iDrive.
>
> Thanks for any input.

If you don't have the nav system, I think you can use the current iPod
interface from BMW. A new one for nav systems will be available in
Summer 2005.

http://www.ipodyourbmw.com
Old December 26th 04, 03:22 AM
shango

You can use the old style ipod adapter for e39s built 9/02 and newer.