Source for Keyless Entry Remote

Old December 10th 04, 02:08 AM
DFS

Default Source for Keyless Entry Remote

1998 Jetta Wolfsburg - Any non dealer sources for the remote that might be a
bit less expensive? If I have a matching FCC #, assume that any can be
programmed to work with the car ??? Are there aftermarket units that
maintain all of the functions of the stock unit, and can be properly
programmed ?

Thanks - DS

Old December 10th 04, 10:44 AM
Alec

You can find them on eBay.
Rgds
alec

---

Old December 10th 04, 10:44 AM
Alec

You can find them on eBay.
Rgds
alec

---

Old December 13th 04, 01:09 AM
gsp8

Alec wrote:
> You can find them on eBay.
> Rgds
> alec
>

> ---

My daughter has just lost her remote key for an '04 Jetta; can I really
do better via ebay than the dealer? I am afraid to even ask what they
will cost at a vw dealership.

George
Old December 13th 04, 01:09 AM
gsp8

Old December 13th 04, 04:22 AM
Biz

"gsp8" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> My daughter has just lost her remote key for an '04 Jetta; can I really
> do better via ebay than the dealer? I am afraid to even ask what they
> will cost at a vw dealership.
>
> George

Well, smart money would say, check what they cost through the dealership,
then shop around to see what else is available.

Old December 13th 04, 04:22 AM
Biz

nk.net...

Old December 14th 04, 06:22 AM
Tony

Anywhere is cheaper than dealer unless it's a warranty fix.

Example. Two replacement rear head restrainst for my 96 S6. Dealer cdn$1000
each. Ebay us$30 for the pair.

Tony
96 S6

Old December 14th 04, 06:22 AM