New GT pictures added

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 11th 05, 04:51 AM
CobraJet

In article >, Joe
> wrote:

> CobraJet > wrote in
> :
> > That company was recently revived, but the new owners are severe
> > Thumpers. Hence, I do not buy any of the re-issues. But I do have
> > several of the originals, including a Marlin and the '70 Rebel
> > Machine.
> >
> > http://www.johanmodels.com/

> Neat pic on their page - the Chrysler Turbine IIRC. Now the Rebel
> Machine wasn't too shabby in its day, even though it should've been
> made earlier than '70. Mid 14s in the 1/4 off the showroom floor:
>

> http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/...bMachineArticl
> e.html
>
> That link also claims that contrary to popular belief, the '64 GTO
> wasn't the first muscle car - that title is credited to the '57
> Rambler Rebel with a Nash 327 V8. Interesting.

I tend to attribute that title to the '57 F-code Fairlane. A 312
with a blower would certainly outrun the Rebel.

--
CobraJet

Taking pictures of a cylinder without removing the head? Dennis Technology 3 February 6th 05 02:30 PM
Essen Motorshow 2004 - pictures Bert Kanters Alfa Romeo 3 December 1st 04 04:32 PM
Alfa GT Pictures PhilipS Alfa Romeo 6 August 13th 04 09:30 AM
Old Car Pictures Jack Ferman Antique cars 5 November 19th 03 09:38 AM