Door guard to prevent dings/dents on Honda?

Old June 21st 10, 07:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.honda
Neil Jones[_3_]

Default Door guard to prevent dings/dents on Honda?

Hi,

I bought a 2009 Honda Civic coupe. The 2 doors are big as in all
coupes. However, this Honda does not have any side protection to prevent
dents/dings from my car or others in a parking lot. Do they sell any
such protection guards online? Are they easy to install it by myself?

Thank you for any info and advise.

NJ
Old June 21st 10, 07:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.honda
Shaun

On 6/21/10 2:19 PM, Neil Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I bought a 2009 Honda Civic coupe. The 2 doors are big as in all
> coupes. However, this Honda does not have any side protection to prevent
> dents/dings from my car or others in a parking lot. Do they sell any
> such protection guards online? Are they easy to install it by myself?
>
> Thank you for any info and advise.
>
> NJ

I've never had much luck with body side molding doing any good.

The door shapes, configurations, vehicle types/heights and how far into
the adjacent parking space they pull is so variable that no matter where
my side molding was, the self-centered sumbitch next to me dinged me.

Old June 22nd 10, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.honda
W[_3_]

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:45:00 -0400, Shaun wrote:

> On 6/21/10 2:19 PM, Neil Jones wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I bought a 2009 Honda Civic coupe. The 2 doors are big as in all
>> coupes. However, this Honda does not have any side protection to
>> prevent dents/dings from my car or others in a parking lot. Do they
>> sell any such protection guards online? Are they easy to install it by
>> myself?
>>
>> Thank you for any info and advise.
>>
>> NJ

> I've never had much luck with body side molding doing any good.
>
> The door shapes, configurations, vehicle types/heights and how far into
> the adjacent parking space they pull is so variable that no matter where
> my side molding was, the self-centered sumbitch next to me dinged me.

Find a parking lot where wheels are parallel to the road. Bumpers will
protect yours from other cars. I see no other solution.
Old July 1st 10, 09:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.honda
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake W > :

>On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:45:00 -0400, Shaun wrote:
>
>> On 6/21/10 2:19 PM, Neil Jones wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I bought a 2009 Honda Civic coupe. The 2 doors are big as in all
>>> coupes. However, this Honda does not have any side protection to
>>> prevent dents/dings from my car or others in a parking lot. Do they
>>> sell any such protection guards online? Are they easy to install it by
>>> myself?
>>>
>>> Thank you for any info and advise.
>>>
>>> NJ

>> I've never had much luck with body side molding doing any good.
>>
>> The door shapes, configurations, vehicle types/heights and how far into
>> the adjacent parking space they pull is so variable that no matter where
>> my side molding was, the self-centered sumbitch next to me dinged me.

>Find a parking lot where wheels are parallel to the road. Bumpers will
>protect yours from other cars. I see no other solution.

You've never seen my wife parallel park. Door dings I can live with.
Headlights, marker lights, tail liights, bumper covers. Ouch!!!
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Toby (Tri-Umph That's the Sweet Truth)
March 1998 - June 2010
What a dog. What a dog!

Old July 5th 10, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.honda
W[_3_]

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 15:25:53 -0500, Dillon Pyron wrote:

> Thus spake W > :

>>> I've never had much luck with body side molding doing any good.
>>>
>>> The door shapes, configurations, vehicle types/heights and how far
>>> into the adjacent parking space they pull is so variable that no
>>> matter where my side molding was, the self-centered sumbitch next to
>>> me dinged me.

>>Find a parking lot where wheels are parallel to the road. Bumpers will
>>protect yours from other cars. I see no other solution.

> You've never seen my wife parallel park. Door dings I can live with.
> Headlights, marker lights, tail liights, bumper covers. Ouch!!!

To file for divorce seems an acceptable option in this case.
Old August 5th 10, 11:02 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony Harding[_5_]

On 06/21/10 19:42, W wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:45:00 -0400, Shaun wrote:
>
>> On 6/21/10 2:19 PM, Neil Jones wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I bought a 2009 Honda Civic coupe. The 2 doors are big as in all
>>> coupes. However, this Honda does not have any side protection to
>>> prevent dents/dings from my car or others in a parking lot. Do they
>>> sell any such protection guards online? Are they easy to install it by
>>> myself?
>>>
>>> Thank you for any info and advise.
>>>
>>> NJ

>> I've never had much luck with body side molding doing any good.
>>
>> The door shapes, configurations, vehicle types/heights and how far into
>> the adjacent parking space they pull is so variable that no matter where
>> my side molding was, the self-centered sumbitch next to me dinged me.

> Find a parking lot where wheels are parallel to the road. Bumpers will
> protect yours from other cars. I see no other solution.

You mean your car floats (or the parking lot's vertical)?

Door Dings make me so mad! [email protected] Driving 13 December 11th 06 06:55 AM
Fixing dings Buy and Sell BMW 3 March 15th 06 05:34 PM
Speaking of Parking Lot Door Dings... Bill 2 Driving 6 February 14th 05 04:11 AM
Getting door dings on a new Vette? Fred Corvette 4 September 2nd 04 04:10 PM