Bicyclists - Best way to punish drivers who endanger you

Old February 21st 05, 09:48 AM
wafflycat

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On 20 Feb 2005 19:01:27 -0800, wrote:
>
>>At what point did people become so delicate that they must prevent
>>every drop of sweat forming? I've seen photos of people in European
>>cities biking to work in business suits, etc. It _can_ be done!

> Yeah, I've heard stories from people who have visited places like
> Germany where people don't bathe regularly. They tell me the body odor
> of the average German is horrendous!

Then they are lying. Germany is a lovely country - very clean and the people
are polite, clean and friendly. Of course, it may be that the people you
spoke to have been visiting the local rubbish dump, and of course,
*anywhere* there are clean & dirty, but in general terms, Germany and its
people are clean, polite & friendly. I've been to various parts of Germany
on quite a few occasions and I'm more than happy to go back.

Cheers, helen s

Old February 21st 05, 02:58 PM
Blake Dodson

No more than you are, you cross posting troll Jr.

Old February 21st 05, 03:38 PM
Brent P

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> The train stations I grew up using had pedestrian access from every
> direction, stairways at both ends of all three platforms, and bus
> stops down at street level. They just don't build 'em like they used
> to.

This station was built in the 1990s. That's the likely problem. It didn't
consider that people would walk. All but one of the nearby residential
areas require some sort of non-street walking short cut to get there.
With all the idiots geting hit by trains, fences are going to be built I'm
sure. There is just no excuse for being on foot and getting hit by a
train.

Old February 21st 05, 04:09 PM
Matt O'Toole

Brent P wrote:

> In article >, Matt O'Toole wrote:
>
>> type. These companies seem to be friendlier to bike commuters too,
>> offering shower/changing/locker facilities, secure bike parking, etc.

> I use the cube across the isle to park my bike

There are bikes in every office around here. The sad thing is, in a town of
over 30,000 college students, most of them drive even though few live more than
1.5 miles from campus. There's great bus service but the buses are relatively
empty. It's the professionals who ride bikes.

Even UCLA, largely a commuter school in the middle of a big city, absolutely
bans freshmen from parking on campus. There's a big dorm population but it's
still a tiny percentage of the whole. VA Tech requires freshmen to live on
campus, but still lets them have cars.

Matt O.

Old February 21st 05, 05:00 PM
Matt O'Toole

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> My hair is a sweaty mess, too, and needs to be
> washed.

So shave it!

Hair is a pain. I'm glad to not have any (or much, anyway).

Matt O.

Old February 21st 05, 05:38 PM
Matt O'Toole

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> Yeah, I've heard stories from people who have visited places like
> Germany where people don't bathe regularly. They tell me the body odor
> of the average German is horrendous!

That's a new one for me. The stinky stereotype was always about the French --
remember Pepe Le Pew?

Matt O.

Old February 21st 05, 05:42 PM
Matt O'Toole

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> You might want to ask a Japanese what they think of the roundeyes'
> burger breath some time ;-)

This is true -- and of southeast Asians as well -- Vietnamese, Burmese, etc.
Their stereotype of Americans is that we're all stinky, dirty, fat slobs.

The fat stereotype about us is pretty universal, actually, followed by loud and
rude.

Matt O.