Video - 1964 "New" Holman-Moody 427 Ford Fairlane taking a lap at Germany's Nürburgring

Old November 5th 10, 08:24 PM posted to alt.autos.cadillac,rec.auto,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.misc
RoadRunner

Default Video - 1964 "New" Holman-Moody 427 Ford Fairlane taking a lap at Germany's Nürburgring

This is a video of one of the "new" 1964 Holman-Moody 427 Ford
Fairlanes taking a lap at Germany's Nürburgring. Crank up your sound
- its awesome!

More pictures, info and pricing on page 2.

http://www.craigboyce.com/w/2010/11/...t-nurburgring/
Old November 5th 10, 09:10 PM posted to alt.autos.cadillac,rec.auto,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.misc
Mower Man

On 05/11/2010 20:24, RoadRunner wrote:
> This is a video of one of the "new" 1964 Holman-Moody 427 Ford
> Fairlanes taking a lap at Germany's Nürburgring. Crank up your sound
> - its awesome!
>
> More pictures, info and pricing on page 2.
>
> http://www.craigboyce.com/w/2010/11/...t-nurburgring/

Well, I enjoyed that!

I have the Duke Video DVD of Derek Bell lapping the 'ring. Even better,
though both are punctuated by awful sounds from the gearbox...

--

Chris

Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
Old November 6th 10, 01:04 AM posted to alt.autos.cadillac,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.misc
[email protected]

On Nov 5, 4:24*pm, RoadRunner > wrote:
> This is a video of one of the "new" 1964 Holman-Moody 427 Ford
> Fairlanes taking a lap at Germany's Nürburgring. *Crank up your sound
> - its awesome!
>
> More pictures, info and pricing on page 2.
>
> http://www.craigboyce.com/w/2010/11/...t-nurburgring/

Fab! Brave lad, I think those still had drum brakes on them. What a
torque monster, the footage of that frankencar sucking up the Porsche
924 (944?) is priceless.
Old November 6th 10, 02:37 AM posted to alt.autos.cadillac,rec.auto,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.misc
Berf

Mower Man wrote
> On 05/11/2010 20:24, RoadRunner wrote:
> > This is a video of one of the "new" 1964 Holman-Moody 427 Ford
> > Fairlanes taking a lap at Germany's Nürburgring. Crank up your sound
> > - its awesome!
> >
> > More pictures, info and pricing on page 2.
> >
> > http://www.craigboyce.com/w/2010/11/...t-nurburgring/

> Well, I enjoyed that!
>
> I have the Duke Video DVD of Derek Bell lapping the 'ring. Even better,
> though both are punctuated by awful sounds from the gearbox...

In the muscle car days, the Ford Fairlain was right up there with all the ugly cars
that your mother drove. Like the hopped up Dodge Dart, with a 360 under the hood!

As American satirist PJ O'Rourke said in a recent book about muscle cars in his day
(and mine).

"When you couldn't pay for a car or a Thrush muffler, you drilled holes in your
mother's muffler, and it made the sound that attracted the chicks."

And I can say that I agree.

Been there, done it! I have the T-shirt!

Old November 6th 10, 08:11 AM posted to alt.autos.cadillac,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.misc
Mower Man

On 06/11/2010 01:04, wrote:
> On Nov 5, 4:24 pm, > wrote:
>> This is a video of one of the "new" 1964 Holman-Moody 427 Ford
>> Fairlanes taking a lap at Germany's Nürburgring. Crank up your sound
>> - its awesome!
>>
>> More pictures, info and pricing on page 2.

http://www.craigboyce.com/w/2010/11/...t-nurburgring/

> Fab! Brave lad, I think those still had drum brakes on them. What a
> torque monster, the footage of that frankencar sucking up the Porsche
> 924 (944?) is priceless.

I loved the British Saloon Car championship races where the 427 Galaxie
rubbished Jaguar MkIIs.

Then along came the Mustang, which often beat the Lotus Cortina on
handling - not performance!

--

Chris

Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
Old November 6th 10, 03:50 PM posted to alt.autos.cadillac,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.misc
brafield

On Nov 6, 1:11*am, Mower Man > wrote:
> On 06/11/2010 01:04, wrote:
>
> > On Nov 5, 4:24 pm, > *wrote:
> >> This is a video of one of the "new" 1964 Holman-Moody 427 Ford
> >> Fairlanes taking a lap at Germany's N rburgring. *Crank up your sound
> >> - its awesome!

> >> More pictures, info and pricing on page 2.

> >>http://www.craigboyce.com/w/2010/11/...t-nurburgring/

> > Fab! Brave lad, I think those still had drum brakes on them. What a
> > torque monster, the footage of that frankencar sucking up the Porsche
> > 924 (944?) is priceless.

> I loved the British Saloon Car championship races where the 427 Galaxie
> rubbished Jaguar MkIIs.
>
> Then along came the Mustang, which often beat the Lotus Cortina on
> handling - not performance!
>
> --
>
> Chris
>
> I am not young enough to know everything.
> Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

Yes, those 'basic' cast iron pushrod motors made us forget our fancy-
pants European sophistication! As early as 1962, British stock car
racers like Oxford's Barry Hebborn and Wisbech's Ron Pears (scrapyard
men with money) imported Holman & Moody 427 engines for their cars at
the then-incredible price of a thousand pounds each, -- in an era when
people were building whole cars for a hundred quid.