2006 Chrysler 300C LEMON

Old July 1st 05, 12:19 PM
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Default 2006 Chrysler 300C LEMON

I just bought the 06 300C for a price of 44K...It had 38 miles on it and is
now in the dealers repair facility.There is an apparent transmission problem
with this vehicle which thier diagnostics can't seem to locate. They have a
manfacturer representative coming to make a determination as to what they are
going to do.Meantime,I'm driving a dealer supplied Chevy neon from Enterprise
that doesn't even have power steering!! This is a New Jersey dealer who
should have at least supplied me with a comparable vehicle that I just spent
thousands on.I have already started proceedings and am keeping all records up
to date,because this looks like its going to be a legal matter concerning the
New Jersey Lemon Law. Will keep you posted..

--
A. D.
Old July 1st 05, 12:45 PM

can you identify the dealer.. I live in NJ and am considering a 300C.
thanks
sharkman

Old July 1st 05, 05:06 PM
Sarge

Angelo D via CarKB.com wrote: "Ok Sharkman,,Was there this morning and they
tell me they "thought" it was
the drive shaft being out of balance.They intended to rotate it 180o only to
find it was a three bolt universal.What they did I have no idea. They road
tested it again and the problem still persists.I still say its in the
tranny.. Won't hear anything til next week due to the holiday..Stay
tuned.."

If they think it is the driveshaft, they can send it out to get balanced on
a machine.

Sarge

Old July 1st 05, 06:19 PM
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Sarge wrote:
wrote: "can you identify the dealer.. I live in NJ and
>am considering a 300C."
>
>Why you need this. His complaint is mainly about the vehicle being a lemon.
>The dealership my works at has loaners when required and they loan out any
>used vehicle they have on the lot. They not going to loan you the same
>exact vehicle you are having repaired.
>
>Sarge

For the money I paid Sarge,,they should have "REPLACED" the vehicle with a
completely new one,but.no,,now we have to suffer the aggravation of dealing
with a "lemon" and constant trips back and forth to this dealer.

Old July 1st 05, 08:11 PM
David

> For the money I paid Sarge,,they should have "REPLACED" the vehicle with a
> completely new one,but.no,,now we have to suffer the aggravation of
> dealing
> with a "lemon" and constant trips back and forth to this dealer.

It's a lemon because of the one problem you posted? what are you a @%$^%
moron!

They are probably having a problem diagnosing it because it has not happened
before. So if you are the first customer with this problem, what is the
dealership to do? Wave there magic wand and diagnose it? since the tranny
and driveshaft are a mercedes item, they are peobably dealing with mercedes
for technical support. Therefore it probably takes time to figure out.
Obviously YOU know the problem, So here is an idea. You get your car, and
you fix it, and then send the bill the DC. They will re-imburse you.

Old July 1st 05, 09:09 PM
Steve

David wrote:

since the tranny
> and driveshaft are a mercedes item, they are peobably dealing with mercedes
> for technical support. Therefore it probably takes time to figure out.

Its not "a Mercedes item." That particular transmission, while based on
a Mercedes design, is different and is built in Kokomo, Indiana- a
long-time Chrysler transmission factory.

But I agree- this is probably the first time they've seen this complaint
and are wanting to get factory involvement to figure it out (if its not
just a troll as I still suspect somewhat... ;-)

It bothers me a little bit when consumers have a problem, immediately
call the product a "LEMON," and then insist that getting a replacement
is somehow better than getting the original fixed. Fixed is fixed- its a
machine, not a living organism. The fact that its been repaired doesn't
make it somehow inferior to a brand new vehicle that didn't happen to
have the problem from the factory.