2003 Jetta Wagon Headlight Bulb Replacement

Old August 16th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Tom R.[_1_]

Default 2003 Jetta Wagon Headlight Bulb Replacement

Can someone point me to an illustration regarding replacing the headlight
bulbs on the 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI? The manual says let the dealer do it, but
I'd rather do it myself.

Old August 18th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
RepairJunkie

Tom R. wrote:
> Can someone point me to an illustration regarding replacing the headlight
> bulbs on the 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI? The manual says let the dealer do it, but
> I'd rather do it myself.

Tom,
I have a Jetta GLS and so does my friend. I told her to turn around
while I changed her bulb. She turned and then turned back in like a 2
seconds and I was done -- well almost --but it's that easy.

If it's the same (and I bet it is) open the hood. On the back of the
bulb housing there should some wires going in. If it's a plastic ring
about 1-1/2 to 2 inches in diameter, try to spin it counter clockwise.
It should go just a bit and then pop off. Pull straight back. Bulbs
were about $12. You don't need the whole glass front -- just the bulb.

Hope yours is the same.
Good luck

Old August 18th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Tom R.

The back of the headlights on the 2003 diesel are not that accessible. I
will have to unscrew some coverings in order to get to the backs of those
lights. And then I can repeat your magic.

Tom

oups.com...