1999 VW Cabrio Remote Keyless...

Old May 8th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default 1999 VW Cabrio Remote Keyless...

I have a 99 vw cabrio. it has pdl, pw, and an alarm. when i bought it
it came with only one key, and no remote so i purchased one on E-bay
because someone told me all 98+ vws come with keyless entry installed.
well i've tried everything and cant get the remote to work. could it be
because my pdl on my drivers side is broken?
it doesn't always lock and arm when i put the key in to turn it to
lock, but it works flawlessly on the passanger side.
what im asking is: why cant i get the remote to work? am i wrong and my
car doesn't have keyless entry installed?

Old May 9th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

>From what I remember when I got a new key from the dealership in Daily
City... is that they need to program your new key's remote, with the
car's remote. This requires either a computer-like, expensive $2,000
thing from Snap-On, or a laptop computer with a $100 program / plug.
In both cases, they connect to your car's 'brain box' and that's what
will allow the keyless entry system to work. The dealer usually
charges $250 for the key, plus another $50 - $100 for the labor.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Old May 9th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

if the fob's are good we charge $40 to program them.

ups.com...

Old May 9th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

You may have a issue with the door lock since it works OK from the right
side.

ps.com...

Old May 10th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

In the bentley manual there is a procedure for programming different
remotes for a car...