2000 Chevy Blazer---HELP!!!

Old September 7th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
jodyg1974

Default 2000 Chevy Blazer---HELP!!!

OK, I am the proud owner of a 2000 Chevy Blazer (note the sarcasm).
Anyway, I have literally replaced every major part on this vehicle in the
last 2 years. Most recently, when I take my vehicle out it drives fine
for about an hour or two. When it begins to get hot outside, it starts
cutting out. It will not take fuel. It starts cutting out and eventually
dies. I am not overheating or anything like that. I usually pull off the
side of the road, let it sit for a few minutes and then it starts right up
and takes off. Five minutes later it does this again. NOTE: It only does
this when it is hot outside. I drove it over 200 miles one way in the rain
with absolutely no problem. On the return trip it was 100+ degrees
outside. It drove fine for about an hour and in the last 30 miles to my
home I broke down at least 15 to 20 times. My mechanics are completely
puzzled. I have had my fuel pump replaced, fuel filter replaced, mass air
flow sensor changed...nothing is working! Has anyone else experienced
this? If so a little help would be appreciated. I cannot afford a new
vehicle right now and really need this problem resolved. Oh by the way,
it also seems to do this when I am running the AC. Is this a seasonal
thing? Will my vehicle only run in rain and snow?? ADVICE PLEASE!

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/rec.autos.4x4/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old September 7th 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Clay B Carley

I think ideally it would be best to monitor the engine readings while
driving. This can be done on a year 2000 vehicle; you just need the
right tool (your mechanic should know this).

I bought my OBD II tool from Mac tools, many other dealers have these as
well. This is not the inexpensive tool that Kragen or Sears sells; this
tool goes much more in depth (at the time, it was near $400).

Anyway, what this tool can do for you is tell you what the fuel system
is doing while the engine cuts out. You can monitor water temp, intake
temp, fuel enrichment, rpm, calculated load, O2 sensor outputs (in
volts) which will hopefully, when put together, help you diagnose what
the problem is.

Good luck in your search. I have found that with an OBD II equipped
vehicle, this tool is quite invaluable.

Clay

Old September 7th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Ripcord

Your vehicle is overheating. The overheat light might not be coming on but
the temperature is high enough for the fuel to vaporize in the intake
manifold. Take the radiator to be throughly cleaned and if that dose not
help replace the water pump with a High-Volume water pump.

Old September 7th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
SnoMan

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 06:33:35 -0700, Clay B Carley >
wrote:

>I think ideally it would be best to monitor the engine readings while
>driving. This can be done on a year 2000 vehicle; you just need the
>right tool (your mechanic should know this).
>
>I bought my OBD II tool from Mac tools, many other dealers have these as
>well. This is not the inexpensive tool that Kragen or Sears sells; this
>tool goes much more in depth (at the time, it was near $400).
>
>Anyway, what this tool can do for you is tell you what the fuel system
>is doing while the engine cuts out. You can monitor water temp, intake
>temp, fuel enrichment, rpm, calculated load, O2 sensor outputs (in
>volts) which will hopefully, when put together, help you diagnose what
>the problem is.

I use a CarChip made by davis instraments. You can set it to record
certain seleected data and then just drive vehicle and review data
later. Works really sweet as it can log over 50 hours of driving time
when set to highest sampling rate. .
TheSnoMan.com

help with 95 chevy s10 blazer mwinsor 4x4 0 February 13th 06 07:10 PM
99 Chevy Blazer ravevlo 4x4 1 December 29th 05 02:17 AM
Chevy Blazer 96 onehotbabe 4x4 0 March 23rd 05 04:41 PM
Lift options for 2000 Chevy Blazer Steve 4x4 4 June 15th 04 05:09 AM
Chevy Blazer Sea Scorpion 4x4 2 January 13th 04 06:12 AM