Dana Corp files for bankruptcy

Old March 4th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Dana Corp files for bankruptcy

I wonder how this will affect Jeep?

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news...r=news_inde x

Old March 4th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Sad, they can't make it here, they even supply the Japanese rear
wheel drive gears.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 4th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

mabar proclaimed:

> I wonder how this will affect Jeep?
>
> http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news...r=news_inde x

It is legal to summarize a story or quote it in fair use for review.
That doesn't look like a dissolution type bankruptcy, more to
renegotiate terms with lenders, break contracts, etc. As for the
customers of Dana, bankruptcy courts have collection powers that would
make Tony Soprano envious. Don't see directly why it would affect Jeep
at all unless they, like some companies, have internal rules prohibiting
new contracts or purchases from companies in bankruptcy.

Old March 4th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"mabar" > wrote in message
>I wonder how this will affect Jeep?
>
> http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news...r=news_inde x

winchester, dana, so many others......this is what happens when you sell
your soul to china, one walmart basket full of chinese crap at a time.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

Old March 4th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Hi Sandman,
I think the Dana Corporation has already moved off sho
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...22&btnG=Search
There's something about the Dana 44 ring and pinion used in the
Rubicon and Toyota that tells me they are made in China:
http://xjeep.dyndns.org/trulok/index.html
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

http://www.billhughes.com/temp/dana44ring1.jpg

Old March 4th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Lon" > wrote in message
> mabar proclaimed:
>
> > I wonder how this will affect Jeep?

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news...r=news_inde x

> It is legal to summarize a story or quote it in fair use for review.
> That doesn't look like a dissolution type bankruptcy, more to
> renegotiate terms with lenders, break contracts, etc. As for the
> customers of Dana, bankruptcy courts have collection powers that would
> make Tony Soprano envious. Don't see directly why it would affect Jeep
> at all unless they, like some companies, have internal rules prohibiting
> new contracts or purchases from companies in bankruptcy.

Lon,

Dana is not actually in default yet. They have a thirty day grace period on
a missed bond payment. That bankruptcy court is going to place a higher
priority on axle production than paying bills, at least in the near term.
They have to do that, to preserve equity, so that there will be something
for creditors to collect. For this reason, I don't think that there will be
any interruption in axle supplies soon, although Jeep and its parents may
reconsider their long term axle sourcing strategy. You can use
transmissions and engines as a model for what may happen. Jeep has changed
suppliers of transmissions and engines several times in the past, and the
current Wrangler, for example, continues to look about the same as its
predecessors.

Earle

Old March 5th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

looks like they filed under the new laws and those are alot stiffer then the b.r laws of
recent past, such as delphi used

Old March 5th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yup, and GM & Ford because everybody in the country these days are driving
their pretty new Toyotas and Hondas. How easily people forget. My old
granddad would roll over in his grave if I ever bought a Jap. auto.

Terry

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 5th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

And your great, great, great granddad would roll over in his grave if he
knew you were driving at all, instead of riding a horse. Where do you
draw the line about living in the past?
2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton
capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.

Old March 5th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Half my Ford is made of components made in Mexico.

GM and Ford are in financial dire straits because their labor costs are out
of control, health insurance, pensions, etc.

"Terry Jeffrey" > wrote in message
> Yup, and GM & Ford because everybody in the country these days are driving
> their pretty new Toyotas and Hondas. How easily people forget. My old
> granddad would roll over in his grave if I ever bought a Jap. auto.
>
> Terry
>

> "Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
>> "mabar" > wrote in message
>>>I wonder how this will affect Jeep?
>>>
>>> http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news...r=news_inde x

>> winchester, dana, so many others......this is what happens when you sell
>> your soul to china, one walmart basket full of chinese crap at a time.
>>
>> --
>> Nathan W. Collier
>> http://UtilityOffRoad.com
>> http://7SlotGrille.com
>> http://InlineDiesel.com
>> http://BighornRefrigeration.com
>> http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

> http://www.usenet.com

AWA [OFFER] Special offer for Dana brand IVECO 40-10 Engine Crankshaft Bearing-STD [email protected] General 0 December 10th 05 06:53 AM
Scout axle data? Stupendous Man Jeep 2 December 8th 05 03:56 AM
1992 F250 Dana 44 or Dana 50? Matt Vorne 4x4 0 October 28th 04 11:54 PM
F.S. 85 GM DANA 60, 1ton 4x4 AXLES, 4.56 gears, Detroit Locker. in NH,ME MilitaryTruckParts 4x4 8 March 20th 04 02:20 PM