Slotted vs Drilled Rotors

Old October 27th 04, 10:15 PM
Holo

Default Slotted vs Drilled Rotors

I'm upgrading the brakes and rotors. Are there any significant
differences between slotted and drilled rotors? I suspect performance is the
same, but I haven't found any information stating one way or the other.

Holo

Old October 27th 04, 10:39 PM
John H

> I'm upgrading the brakes and rotors. Are there any significant
> differences between slotted and drilled rotors? I suspect performance is
> the
> same, but I haven't found any information stating one way or the other.

From STOPTECH Faq's: "StopTech provides rotors slotted, drilled or plain.
For most performance applications slotted is the preferred choice. Slotting
helps wipe away debris from between the pad and rotor as well as increasing
the "bite" characteristics of the pad. A drilled rotor provides the same
type of benefit, but is more susceptible to cracking under severe usage.
Many customers prefer the look of a drilled rotor and for street and
occasional light duty track use they will work fine. For more severe
applications, we recommend slotted rotors."
http://www.stoptech.com/technical/

Old October 27th 04, 10:39 PM
John H

> I'm upgrading the brakes and rotors. Are there any significant
> differences between slotted and drilled rotors? I suspect performance is
> the
> same, but I haven't found any information stating one way or the other.

From STOPTECH Faq's: "StopTech provides rotors slotted, drilled or plain.

Old October 28th 04, 03:47 PM
Holo

Thanks for the info!

Holo

"John H" > wrote in message

> > I'm upgrading the brakes and rotors. Are there any significant
> > differences between slotted and drilled rotors? I suspect performance is
> > the
> > same, but I haven't found any information stating one way or the other.

> From STOPTECH Faq's: "StopTech provides rotors slotted, drilled or

plain.

Old October 28th 04, 03:47 PM
Holo

Thanks for the info!

Holo

Old October 28th 04, 04:55 PM
Dad

One down side to the drilled rotors is the brake dust. If it's a car that
you like to keep the wheels clean it's a pain. The dust is sucked into the
rotor fins and gets wet when you wash it and slings out when the wheel
rotates. Not a problem on an all out race setup but nasty to keep those
wheels clean on the inside on a driver/show car.

Dimpled or slotted would be my choice anyhow because of the cracking issue.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51-drilled rotors = dirty wheels

Old October 28th 04, 04:55 PM
Dad

Old October 28th 04, 06:48 PM
RicSeyler

errrrr...... I had rust on the brain, the zinc wash won't help with the
pad dust,
but the ceramics will. LOLOL

--
Ric Seyler

Old October 28th 04, 06:48 PM
RicSeyler

--
Ric Seyler

Old October 28th 04, 09:43 PM
RicSeyler

Yea I brainfarted..... on the zinc LOLOL

--
Ric Seyler