Is there performance s/c buick 3.8's

Old September 23rd 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Is there performance s/c buick 3.8's

I have a line on a low mileage 1997 buick s/c 3.8. I plan to change
the intake to a k&M kit and do an exhaust thing....I also want to drop
one cog on the supercharger and change the chip....My questions
are....whats the indemic problem with the brakes.....was there a fix
for the intake manifold gasket that was put in place by the
company?,,,,Is there any other perfomrnace blocks available......????
Why do I hear about so many transmission troubles on these
vehicles.......If available, I would like to drive it stock, then build
a tougher engine,,,,and do a fix on the brakes........I am told that
with headers, a k and n, chip changes, and a few minor details that you
can get to 300 hp. Any info that you can provide w ould be
helpful......oh yes...where is a good place to get some proven speed
parts....
Please contact me at my email at
I love the lines, not impressed with the power train.....
I wish rouse or some other builder did these engines.

Kevin