Nitpicky traffic law question: ATTN Jaybird

Old September 14th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default Nitpicky traffic law question: ATTN Jaybird

In article >, DYM wrote:

> I believe Brent's story, they are the same morons we all encounter. We
> just don't bitch/brag about it every single day.

And usually I don't even bring them up here unless someone posts
something where it's relevant to the discussion.

Old September 14th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
DTJ

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:32:48 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>DTJ > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
>>Why would you even ask this?

>Recall my question for the JLEDIs from the other day:

>The OP to this thread probably would have refused to cross the
>double-yellow center line, thinking it is illegal, and would have sat
>there waiting for the truck to move.

On 11 Sep 2006 13:51:26 -0700, "Allen Seth Dunn" >

I don't recall him being a troll or idiot, so I am confused as to the
intention of his question.
Old September 14th 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

http://www.shutterblade.net/images/Jaybird.jpg
Old September 15th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
DYM

Scott en Aztlán > wrote in
:

> DYM > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
>>I hate to admit it, but I do believe Brent on this one. We all know
>>there are moron drivers out there aplenty. It's not a matter of being
>>a sloth or MFFY, it's just plan stupidity and inattentiveness. I
>>enounter them everyday, I just don't complain here about it.

> Does your bus have a DriveCam <http://www.drivecam.com> or similar
> video camera and recorder installed? I bet that footage would show all
> kinds of MFFY behavior.

Nope. There are a few buses with cameras, but they keep an eye on the
passengers. (And we gotta drive with our backs to these kids?) There is a
big tado going around as to whether it's legal to tape audio with the
video. I would love to have camera pointing out the front and back, if
for nothing else than to catch the ones who run our reds. I saw the
example of the cam hooked to the laptop, and it doesn't give the
resolution neccessary to be effective. We need something that can resolve
plates and ID drivers. Displaying the status of our eight-way lights
would also be useful.

How many of you would drive unders those conditions, knowing that your
boss could pull a recording of your last drive and critique it? At
random, or based on a complaint?

Anyway, my point is that until our society will stomache stricter
licencing tests and quick revokations, we will have to drive with these
morons. Once all the morons are off the road, I feel much better about
driving as fast as you feel safe.

Next, I must apologize to Brent. I mistakenly accused you of ranting
everyday about MFFy's. It's the guy with the camera my barb was ment for.

Doug
Old September 15th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Arif Khokar > said in rec.autos.driving:
>> Allen Seth Dunn wrote:

>>> This is for jaybird

>> http://www.shutterblade.net/images/Jaybird.jpg

> MY GOD! HE'S NAKED!!

In full public view no less. Isn't that illegal?
Old September 18th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Shawn Hirn

In article . com>,
"Allen Seth Dunn" > wrote:

> This is for jaybird, but anyone else can chime in if they'd like. When
> coming out of a driveway onto a two-lane undivided road (one lane in
> each direction with a double yellow line), is it technically illegal
> for the driver coming out of the driveway to turn left and cross the
> double yellow line, traffic permitting obviously?

Call your local courthouse for an official opinion. This is the kind of
thing that may depend on local or state law.