5.0L Flywheel Positioning

Old November 28th 04, 05:01 AM
Ironradio

Default 5.0L Flywheel Positioning

I'm getting a new 50oz flywheel for my '86 5.0L engine. It currently
has no flywheel so I cannot see which direction the external weight on
the previous one faced. How does one properly position the external
weight on the flywheel? Are the holes in the crank uneven making
improper mounting impossible or does one need to be careful how its
mounted? In the case of the latter, does the flywheel weight get lined
up with the harmonic balancer weight or does it face another
direction?

Thanks, Dave
Old November 28th 04, 06:10 AM
351CJ

The bolt holes are indexed, it will only go on one way...

m...

Old November 28th 04, 07:19 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

351CJ wrote:
> The bolt holes are indexed, it will only go on one way...
>
> "Ironradio" > wrote in message
> m...
>
>>I'm getting a new 50oz flywheel for my '86 5.0L engine. It currently
>>has no flywheel so I cannot see which direction the external weight on
>>the previous one faced. How does one properly position the external
>>weight on the flywheel? Are the holes in the crank uneven making
>>improper mounting impossible or does one need to be careful how its
>>mounted? In the case of the latter, does the flywheel weight get lined
>>up with the harmonic balancer weight or does it face another
>>direction?
>>
>>Thanks, Dave

That's what them cone shaped drill bits is for!!

--
YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate
Old November 28th 04, 09:37 AM
Carver

The holes only line up one way. It looks like the are all evenly
spaced apart , but they are not. Dont forget to install the three
steel dowel pins into the flywheel, the dowel pins are the most
important. The flywheel bolts can not hold the load and could
possibly sheer off . Good luck !!

Old December 5th 04, 12:19 AM
John Smith

Yes, there is only one way it goes on...