quiz for car drivers - 12 signals

Old March 15th 04, 03:42 PM
Di @ Freebies Network UK

Default quiz for car drivers - 12 signals

My driving instructor has given me the following teaser

There are 12 signals available to a car driver - what are they.

1. l&r indicators
2. fog lights

they're the ones he gave me for starters.

so far in addition I've got

3. headlights
4. brake lights
5. hand signals
6. handbrake light?

(I'm not cheating cos he said I could ask people and I've asked in
other ng but people tend to degenrate to two finger signals quite
quickly)

Any ideas or suggestions would be great. Thanks all.

(I promise hand on heart I will never drive my son to school when I
pass my test! )

--
Free stuff by post
http://www.freestuffbypost.co.uk
Old March 15th 04, 04:28 PM
Mark Carroll

In article >,
Di @ Freebies Network UK > wrote:
>My driving instructor has given me the following teaser
>
>There are 12 signals available to a car driver - what are they.
>
>1. l&r indicators
>2. fog lights

(snip)
>3. headlights
>4. brake lights
>5. hand signals
>6. handbrake light?

(snip)

6 is the same as 4, surely? (Does 3 include full-beam flash, etc.?)
Obvious omissions include side lights, hazard lights, reverse light(s), horn.
Just look around a car, outside and at the controls inside. (-:

-- Mark
Old March 15th 04, 05:54 PM
Don Bruder

In article >,
"Di @ Freebies Network UK" > wrote:

> My driving instructor has given me the following teaser
>
> There are 12 signals available to a car driver - what are they.

Pretty ambiguous question. Signals - To whom? You, the driver? The rest
of the world around you? From what? Devices built into the vehicle?
Driver's bodily parts? Items that *CAN BE* used for signalling, but are
actually intended for another purpose (IE Headlights/foglights are for
illumination, but can be used as signals)? Something else?

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
I respond to Email as quick as humanly possible. If you Email me and get no
Old March 16th 04, 12:27 AM
Stu

Di @ Freebies Network UK > wrote in message
My driving instructor has given me the following teaser

There are 12 signals available to a car driver - what are they.

1. l&r indicators
2. fog lights

they're the ones he gave me for starters.

so far in addition I've got

3. headlights
4. brake lights
5. hand signals
6. handbrake light?

(I'm not cheating cos he said I could ask people and I've asked in
other ng but people tend to degenrate to two finger signals quite
quickly)

Any ideas or suggestions would be great. Thanks all.

(I promise hand on heart I will never drive my son to school when I
pass my test! )

--
Free stuff by post
http://www.freestuffbypost.co.uk

*********

'the bird'?

*******

Old March 16th 04, 07:58 PM
Veronica Thomas

How about bright lights, parking lights,

horn?

A signal can mean anything. What does it mean?

Old March 18th 04, 03:47 PM
Di @ Freebies Network UK

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:58:53 -0500, "Veronica Thomas"
> wrote:

>How about bright lights, parking lights,
>
>horn?
>
>A signal can mean anything. What does it mean?

1. indicators l&r
2. fog lights
3. hazard lights
4. reversing lights
5. brake lights
6. headlights - flashing
7. arm signals
8. hand signals
9. horn
10. eye contact
11. body language
12. Postion of car

Old March 18th 04, 05:36 PM
Neill Massello

Di @ Freebies Network UK > wrote:

> My driving instructor has given me the following teaser
>
> There are 12 signals available to a car driver - what are they.
>
> 1. l&r indicators
> 2. fog lights

How are fog lights used to send signals to other drivers?