DC: don't take 295!

Old July 14th 05, 11:08 PM
Scott M. Kozel

"John S." > wrote:

> BTW, all you Metro D.C. residents avoid the greater Wilson bridge area
> on both sides at all costs this weekend. It will be down to one lane
> of traffic and miles of backups are projected.

Just the northbound (Outer Loop) side is being shifted this weekend.
All 3 lanes will be open on the southbound (Inner Loop) side.

Upcoming Beltway Shift to Cause Heaviest Traffic Impacts
of Woodrow Wilson Bridge Project
http://www.wilsonbridge.com/pdfs/pre...r2005-0712.pdf

--
Scott M. Kozel Highway and Transportation History Websites
Virginia/Maryland/Washington, D.C. http://www.roadstothefuture.com
Old April 19th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,dc.driving,misc.transport.road

Default DC: don't take 295!

> Thank goodness they are finally starting to work on that road. It is
> embarrasing (and hard on wheels) when the nations capital has a major
> highway that looks like something from a third world country.

Agree. I think that both 295 and 395 need to be widened. Also, 395 needs
to be modified so that we can drive straight East/West through the city to,
say, a juncture with Route 50.

Just my opinion...
Pat