coil spacer lift

Old July 13th 05, 10:30 PM
Steve

Default coil spacer lift

Hey guys,

do y'all think it's work it to get a coil spacer lift?
Was looking at a couple sites and they recommend getting longer shocks with
the spacers....I mean, while you're going that route, and fitting larger
meats....what's the price difference if you just went witha suspension lift?

Dunno....anyone running spacers?

Thanks
Steve

Old July 13th 05, 10:55 PM
IsellJeeps

coil spacers cost 70 bucks!!! & 45 minutes to install

Old July 13th 05, 11:01 PM
thomas

Steve wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> do y'all think it's work it to get a coil spacer lift?
> Was looking at a couple sites and they recommend getting longer shocks with
> the spacers....I mean, while you're going that route, and fitting larger
> meats....what's the price difference if you just went witha suspension lift?
>
> Dunno....anyone running spacers?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

Do you want to lift it, or FLEX it?

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)
Old July 13th 05, 11:12 PM
Mike Romain

They are perfect for more clearance and keep you with the stock ride.
The longer bump stops and shocks are really needed to unhook anti sway
bars and play hard. If you stay hooked up and run easy logging roads,
the shocks might work ok, they do on a friend's with a 1.5" lift, doubt
a 2" would work without bottoming the shocks which is a bad thing.....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old July 13th 05, 11:16 PM
Earle Horton

IMHO, the main purpose of any lift is to be able to run larger tires.
Others may be flex aka articulation. Coil spacers aren't going to give you
any more flex, travel, compliance or however you want to look at it. They
will just pick you up a bit. So, to answer your question, you will need to
change shocks and the whole project is futile without bigger tires.

Earle

.. .

Old July 14th 05, 06:09 AM
John

I have an 02 TJ. Installed the Skyjacker 2" spacers with the nitro shocks. I
had to also had to lower the transfer case.
I just found out i have to install the Track bar Relocation bracket, the
rear end is shifted an inch over to the right.

I am happy with the performance on the trials, I just took it out 2 weeks
ago for the first time, I had great articulation on the rocks. Email me
direct, i will send you a nice pic.

When i researched originally, most people told me with the 2" spacers all i
would need is the spacers the bumpstops and the Shocks. Hindsight, i would
spend the few extra bucks and get a kit that comes with everything (springs,
transfer case drop, track bar bracket (or a new adjustable bar). All said
and done think i spent close to $600 for the "economy" 2 inch lift.

Honestly, i dont have any regrets, my first jeep, my first lift.... Live and
learn. ... I also learned, buy an Oil Pan Skid plate.

Hope i Helped,

JOHN

Old July 14th 05, 02:40 PM
IsellJeeps

for 800 you coulda got a 4" suspension lift wow

Old July 15th 05, 12:31 AM
Nathan Otis

They say "Every Jeep is different". Most people who do a 2" spacer don't
have to drop the skid. Bad luck, I'm afraid.
n.

"John" > wrote in message
>I have an 02 TJ. Installed the Skyjacker 2" spacers with the nitro shocks.
>I had to also had to lower the transfer case.
> I just found out i have to install the Track bar Relocation bracket, the
> rear end is shifted an inch over to the right.
>
> I am happy with the performance on the trials, I just took it out 2 weeks
> ago for the first time, I had great articulation on the rocks. Email me
> direct, i will send you a nice pic.
>
> When i researched originally, most people told me with the 2" spacers all
> i would need is the spacers the bumpstops and the Shocks. Hindsight, i
> would spend the few extra bucks and get a kit that comes with everything
> (springs, transfer case drop, track bar bracket (or a new adjustable bar).
> All said and done think i spent close to $600 for the "economy" 2 inch
> lift.
>
> Honestly, i dont have any regrets, my first jeep, my first lift.... Live
> and learn. ... I also learned, buy an Oil Pan Skid plate.
>
> Hope i Helped,
>
> JOHN
>

> "Steve" <sbrady1(woo > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> do y'all think it's work it to get a coil spacer lift?
>> Was looking at a couple sites and they recommend getting longer shocks
>> with the spacers....I mean, while you're going that route, and fitting
>> larger meats....what's the price difference if you just went witha
>> suspension lift?
>>
>> Dunno....anyone running spacers?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Steve

FA JKS Adjustable Coil Over Spacer Lift Dean Jeep 0 May 14th 05 04:11 AM
leaf springs [email protected] Corvette 3 March 10th 05 10:42 PM
Adjustable Coil Over Spacer [email protected] Jeep 7 January 20th 05 07:06 AM
lookin 4 butch VW air cooled 12 December 16th 04 11:38 PM
Suspension AND Body lift? JoeArmy99 4x4 16 June 27th 04 06:08 PM