98-02 Accord clear coat failure and rubbing compounds

Old August 14th 06, 09:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
FunkyKev

Default 98-02 Accord clear coat failure and rubbing compounds

Wow, I'm discovering that my cool 98 Accord V6 coupe is getting very
average and old in front of my eyes :-) It's still a wicked ride and
looks awesome but i also noticed speckles in the paint on the roof just
fore of the sunroof and some more further back. Typical failure? Not
even 10 years. I might as well have a yellow toyota bumper with black
fuzz :-)

Other than paint-clearcoat problems what is the best compound for
rubbing out stains, brush marks, washer jet stains and other
superficialities on a finish like this? Previous owner must have loved
the carwash at BP...lots of swirls and brush marks up close.

Old August 14th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
help-slip-franklin

I have a question in the similar vein: I just bought an '02 Accord with the
white gloss paint finish and it needs a waxing bad! What is the group's
thoughts on the best wax for this type of paint? Other than needing a wax
there are no other complaints (i.e. scrathes, swirls, etc...)
Thanks
H-S-F

ps.com...

Old August 14th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
FunkyKev

Curly, I'm gonna have to put you on the payroll if you keep doing all
my leg-work ;-) You think said procedure will work on swirl marks and
w'washer stains? That's the major issue. I think the roof is actually
a clear-coat problem. Thanks one more time!

Kevin

Try this: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/misc/x99-062e.pdf

Old August 15th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
help-slip-franklin

I have a question in the similar vein: I just bought an '02 Accord with the
white gloss paint finish and it needs a waxing bad! What is the group's
thoughts on the best wax for this type of paint? Other than needing a wax
there are no other complaints (i.e. scratches, swirls, etc...)
Thanks
H-S-F

ps.com...