l O3 Grand Caravan Tranni questions

Old December 6th 04, 05:28 PM
Stefan

Default l O3 Grand Caravan Tranni questions

Not on a regular basis. My wife does take the van from time to time
but I drive it 95% of the time. Even so, she doesn't drive that
differently from me, at least in my opinion not enough to cause a
vehicle to have such problems.

I don't think I am being excessively worried about the tranni, the
bucking I am experiencing is rather pronounced at times, nothing that
someone could consider "normal" for a vehicle. I've driven several
other vehicles with automatic transmissions and I can't say I've ever
had any one of them do the same thing.

Yes, I know Chrysler has had some history with it's trannis, but I
don't think this has anything to do with their past history. I can
live with a little roughness in shifting, but this sometimes goes
beyond that.

I bought the vehicle in Jan 9th of 03, then had to bring it back 2
weeks later because of a tranni fluid leak from the power steering
hose, then back the following month because the main serpentine belt
veered off the pullies, then back again in March because of the TSB
for the tranni kick down problem, and all of this at the same time as
my tranni shifting rough. Knowing this would you say I'm still being
excessively worried?

I'm just trying to find out the why. I like my van and want her to be
happy as well.

Thanks for all the help anyone can offer.

Stefan

************************
Do you change drivers? remember these have adaptive controls. I notice
the
same thing when my wife has driven it for a while than I do it goes
through
some mild fits for a while than settles down. Without feeling what
you're
complaining about hard to tell. Could be you're being excessively
worried
about nothing because of the early issues (early 90's) with them.
Larry
om...

Old December 7th 04, 12:17 PM
jdoe

It sounds like their may be an internal (pressure) issue or perhaps some
kind of logic issue at work. Has the dealer done a line pressure test? THat
may be in order. Make sure the issue is noted too. This will help if it
should fail outside of warranty.
Larry
om...

Old December 7th 04, 12:17 PM
jdoe

It sounds like their may be an internal (pressure) issue or perhaps some
kind of logic issue at work. Has the dealer done a line pressure test? THat
may be in order. Make sure the issue is noted too. This will help if it
should fail outside of warranty.
Larry
om...