Auster windscreens on Armstrong Sidley (1920s)

Old August 23rd 03, 01:46 PM
wills56

Default Auster windscreens on Armstrong Sidley (1920s)

Hi
Any help would be great, a friend of mine is trying to fit an "Auster"
windscreen for rear seat passengers on an Armstrong Sidley of circa
1920s vintage. Any details on how they were fitted.
Regards
wills_56
PLEASE FORWARD answers or any questions to
Old September 1st 03, 06:41 PM
wills56

othere (Splashlube) wrote in message >...
> >Subject: Auster windscreens on Armstrong Sidley (1920s)
> >From:
(Dan Thomas)

http://www.siddeley.com/pages/club.html

> HTH
>
> Regards
>
> Andy
>
> 1908 Hillman-Coatalen
> 1924 Darracq
> 1930 Berliet

Many thanks for your help, U.K's near enough, will pass ont the
information to my friend,
Regards
Wills56
Old September 1st 03, 06:52 PM
wills56

(Dan Thomas) wrote in message . com>...

(wills56) wrote in message . com>...

(Dan Thomas) wrote in message . com>...

> > > Post this one to rec.aviation.restoration.
> > >
> > > Dan

> > Thanks for your help Dan but Why aviation, this is a car were talking about!!
> > Wills56

> Sorry. I was thinking of the old British Armstrong Whitworth
> series of airplanes, and I do know that an Auster IS an airplane
> because I once owned a flew one, a 1946 Auster MkVI. Perhaps you mean
> an Austin?
> Dan

Hi Dan
thank you for your help. According to my friend who owns the Armstrong
Sidley it is the windscreen that is called an "Auster" and he is
trying to find out how to fit this windscreen to the back section of
the car, he does not believe that it fits onto the back of the front
seats, but believe that there maybe some bar/mechanism running from
the left back door to the right back door something like a slide rail
that these windscreens are somehow attached too and can be pulled back
towards the rear seated passengers to protect them from the elements.
Regards
wills56