SIRIUS Radio

Old November 4th 06, 12:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)

Default SIRIUS Radio

I'm wondering if threes a unit that can attach to the stock radio (Like I'm
told XM's units can) for my 1997 Saturn SC2 with a Tapedeck. (And yes, it
has an AX button.)

Old November 6th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Larry Harvilla

On 11/4/2006 7:04 am, HyperCube33 (Life2Death) wrote:
> I'm wondering if threes a unit that can attach to the stock radio (Like I'm
> told XM's units can) for my 1997 Saturn SC2 with a Tapedeck. (And yes, it
> has an AX button.)

The Sirius radios usually come with a suction cup mount that you can
stick to the bottom of your windshield. Failing that, you can do as I
did with my Sirius unit and velcro it to any convenient part of the
dash. (Of course, in my case, I wasn't putting the Sirius into a Saturn
-- rather, a Freightliner tractor.)

As for hearing it through the car speakers, you have at least two
different options. If you don't do much in the way of long trips outside
your usual home area, set the Sirius unit's FM transmitter to a
frequency that isn't used in your area, and set your car radio to that
same frequency. If you're going on long trips all the time, go to the
electronics section of a Wal-Mart and get a cassette player adapter --
that's easier than having to change your FM transmitter frequency every
time you get close enough to a radio station on that same frequency.

--
Larry Harvilla
e-mail: larry AT phatpage DOT org

also visit: http://www.phatpage.org/highways.html
(in progress)
Old November 7th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)

That is currently what'd work best. I have Velcro on my dash to hold my "CD
player" already, as I haven't had the cash to throw at buying a new CD deck
for my car, although I'd like to, I need a bunch of parts before I'd even
consider that. (like a new bumper, front speakers, a new headliner (previous
owner decided to burn it with cigs) also a new sunroof, blah blah)

And the tape adapter would be preferable, but I'm wondering if there's a
better way (hookup to the stereo in the back?)

Thanks!

Old November 8th 06, 02:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Larry Harvilla

On 11/7/2006 8:46 am, HyperCube33 (Life2Death) wrote:

> And the tape adapter would be preferable, but I'm wondering if there's a
> better way (hookup to the stereo in the back?)

I have heard of a type of cable that has three ends: one that plugs into
the AUDIO OUT jack of a Sirius/XM unit, one that accepts the AM/FM
antenna cable plug from your existing AM/FM antenna, and the third one
that plugs into the AM/FM antenna port on the back of the car radio.

That said, I have no idea where one could be found, and I've never seen
such a thing in use -- I've just heard that it exists. Another thing to
consider is how you would get the end that goes into your AM/FM radio
around or through the dash.

Old November 8th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_2_]

To change the question here, why would you want SIRIUS or XM? Get an mp3
player and stop dishing money out every month on such trivial things.
Why people want more bills is beyond me.
Old November 8th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
RK Henry

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 03:19:16 GMT, BläBlä
. S!RCRE4P.C0M> wrote:

>To change the question here, why would you want SIRIUS or XM? Get an mp3
>player and stop dishing money out every month on such trivial things.
>Why people want more bills is beyond me.

Can you get the ball game on MP3?

RK Henry
Old November 8th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
why, me

BläBlä wrote:
> To change the question here, why would you want SIRIUS or XM? Get an mp3
> player and stop dishing money out every month on such trivial things.
> Why people want more bills is beyond me.

and you did pay for all of those tunes on the MP3, and will pay for all
the new ones, and the time to get them. Also if you want to listen to
something else once in a while.

There are advantages.
Old November 8th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

> To change the question here, why would you want SIRIUS or XM? Get an mp3
> player and stop dishing money out every month on such trivial things.
> Why people want more bills is beyond me.

My MP3 Player is loaded with more than 15000 of my favorite tracks.

I listen to XM probably 95% of the time while in the car. Why?

Because XM delivers what no MP3 player can -- endless diversity. Aside
from realtime programming like news, the selection of music at any
point in time is simply huge -- more than 70 channels with anything you
can imagine.

Aside from that, at $13/month, it equals the cost of downloading 1 CDs
worth of tracks a month.

If the argument is "Which is cheaper?", you're missing the point.

If the argument is "Which has better music?", you're missing the point,
too.

I love my Ipod. But I'd give it up in a microsecond if I had to choose
between it and XM. Even Sirius, which has vastly inferior music to XM,
is better than just an Ipod.

Old November 10th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)

You know, you're freaking right.

Old November 10th 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)

Actually I listen to both XM and Sirius and XM tends to have worse music
that I prefer (Metal) and more repetition.
True, Sirius' has a stupid announcer that is vastly inferior to XM's, but
I'd still rather have Sirius in my car.

Also, the local FM channels are horrible and much like XM, repetitive, cross
too many types of music into one station (I don't like hearing Disturbed
after Nirvana and then Live)

Yeah.
oups.com...