Honda brake pads?

Old August 14th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default Honda brake pads?

Honda uses different batches at different times. Some are Nissin, which
have excellent stopping power; some are NBK, which IMO are not very
good. These tend to glaze and fade more easily than other pads. Honda
also uses some European based brand, TMD, on the Civics, they may be
working into the Accords but I am not sure.

These OEM ones do vary in quality but certainly don't cost more than
the Akebono ProAct ceramic pads which I prefer.

www.akebonobrakes.com

Ceramic pads are very quiet. They shouldn't squeal even when new. If
any mechanic worked on the brakes and then they squeal, it tell you a
lot about the mechanic. Just make sure the hardware is properly cleaned
and lubed. The brake fluid should also be flushed every two years.
Tegger has a page on brake pads pictorial:

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/rustybrakes/brakes1.html

Price wise:

thehondapartsstore.com:
45022-SM4-A00 PAD SET, FR. (138MM) 1994 ACCORD $38.03

rockauto.com:
AKEBONO Part # 45022SM4A00 Front Brake Pads: Thick pad version of D465
#7345D465 $41.79

AKEBONO Part # ACT465 Front - ProACT Ultra Premium Ceramic Pad {OE
Ceramic} $44.79