Gauges don't work on voyger

Old November 24th 05, 12:39 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default Gauges don't work on voyger

Hi, I have a 91 Voyger that the speedo, tac, gas, oil, and charge gauges
do not work. The check gauges light is on.
It just stopped working, then worked sometimes, now it doesn't work at
all.
I have change the gauges fuse, that didn't help. The warning lights seem
to work ok.
Since none of the gauges work, I figure it must be a broken instrument
panel board. Could I get one from a junk yard and put it in. If so, what
do I do about the speedo milage not being the same? here in Fla it is
recorded every time you buy a new plate.
Thanks for any help that you can give. email replies are welcomed ~Dan~

Old November 24th 05, 02:00 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 07:39:55 -0500, Dan and Ginny wrote:

> Hi, I have a 91 Voyger that the speedo, tac, gas, oil, and charge gauges
> do not work. The check gauges light is on.
> It just stopped working, then worked sometimes, now it doesn't work at
> all.
> I have change the gauges fuse, that didn't help. The warning lights seem
> to work ok.
> Since none of the gauges work, I figure it must be a broken instrument
> panel board. Could I get one from a junk yard and put it in. If so, what
> do I do about the speedo milage not being the same? here in Fla it is
> recorded every time you buy a new plate.
> Thanks for any help that you can give. email replies are welcomed ~Dan~

You have to (in Mass, anyway) go to the RMV when you change a dashboard
and have them record the mileage as it was and the mileage on the new
speedometer.

You'd think with computers they would be able to deal with it more
efficiently, but what happens is the title gets marked TMU (Total Mileage
Unknown) and that's it. I take an engraver and a brass plate and engrave
Odometer replaced, vehicle mileage 121,123, odometer mileage 92,572 and
the date. That way I can keep trak of what's going on.

On one car I took the odometer apart and adjust it (you can usually do
this easily from behind) and changed the mileage to the correct figure. I
had a LOT of time on my hands that day!

--
If a Vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

Old November 24th 05, 03:48 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"Dan and Ginny" > wrote in message
> Hi, I have a 91 Voyger that the speedo, tac, gas, oil, and charge gauges
> do not work. The check gauges light is on.
> It just stopped working, then worked sometimes, now it doesn't work at
> all.
> I have change the gauges fuse, that didn't help. The warning lights seem
> to work ok.
> Since none of the gauges work, I figure it must be a broken instrument
> panel board. Could I get one from a junk yard and put it in. If so, what
> do I do about the speedo milage not being the same? here in Fla it is
> recorded every time you buy a new plate.
> Thanks for any help that you can give. email replies are welcomed ~Dan~

Dan, the panel that is under the steering wheel at your knees, remove it and
you will see the BCM (Body Control Module) disconnect both connectors and
reconnect them, now see if your gauges work.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old November 25th 05, 01:24 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

My 92 did a similar sounding thing once...one by one pulled the fuses,
waited a few seconds, put them back in...took care of it. Did it a couple
of times to me, but hasn't done it in years now...? Never did figure out
why...

Wesley

Old December 1st 05, 11:15 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

I removed and them put back what I thought might be the connectors to
Body control module, one is off white the other is blue. This did not
make the gauges work. I also removed and replaced all the fused and that
did not fix it. I did a voltage check from the gauges fuse to ground and
it was near 12 volts.
To maxpower:
I posted a jpg of what I thought was the module that you were talking
about. The jpg did appear in our webtv newsgroup reader, but may not
appear to you PC people. Anyhow, do you feel that I should find a body
control module in a junk yard, or look for a used instrument panel ~
Thank-you, Dan~

Old December 4th 05, 04:05 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

similar thing happen to me: it turned out that my ignition switch is
bad. it was a gmc but it might be your case also. keep in mind.