96 Alternator repair

Old November 16th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Rob[_3_]

Default 96 Alternator repair

Hello,

I seem to have lost, while driving, the lower bolt that holds the
alternator on. This is the long bolt at the bottom which the
alternator could swing on. The question I have is:

1. Has this ever happened to anyone?
2. What does the bolt look like? Perhaps someone can point me to an
exploded view of this assembly?
3. Does it have a nut or does it just thread into either the
alternator or engine block?

Thank you,
Rob

Old November 16th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Rob[_3_]

Sorry group, I should have been more specific on the model/year.

It is a '96 Saturn DOHC 4 door sedan.

Thank you,
Rob

Old November 16th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On 16 Nov 2006 07:00:50 -0800, "Rob" > wrote:

>Sorry group, I should have been more specific on the model/year.
>
>It is a '96 Saturn DOHC 4 door sedan.
>
>Thank you,
>Rob
>
>Rob wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I seem to have lost, while driving, the lower bolt that holds the
>> alternator on. This is the long bolt at the bottom which the
>> alternator could swing on. The question I have is:
>>
>> 1. Has this ever happened to anyone?
>> 2. What does the bolt look like? Perhaps someone can point me to an
>> exploded view of this assembly?
>> 3. Does it have a nut or does it just thread into either the
>> alternator or engine block?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Rob

According to GM manual, picture I am looking at here, it is a seperate
nuts that is not part of frame or mount
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old November 16th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Rob[_3_]

Thank you for the response.

Do you have the ability to scan that diagram in and email it to me?

Thank you,
Rob

Old November 16th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On 16 Nov 2006 10:19:38 -0800, "Rob" > wrote:

>Thank you for the response.
>
>Do you have the ability to scan that diagram in and email it to me?

Yes, actual it is a computer based GM manual so I do not need to scan
anything. It is for a 98 (it only goes back to that) but it should be
the same as it matches my 97 perfectly..
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old November 16th 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Rob[_3_]

Much obliged.

I take it you can get my email address?

Rob

Old November 16th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On 16 Nov 2006 11:21:56 -0800, "Rob" > wrote:

>Much obliged.
>
>I take it you can get my email address?
>
>Rob
>
>SnoMan wrote:
>> On 16 Nov 2006 10:19:38 -0800, "Rob" > wrote:
>>
>> >Thank you for the response.
>> >
>> >Do you have the ability to scan that diagram in and email it to me?

>> Yes, actual it is a computer based GM manual so I do not need to scan
>> anything. It is for a 98 (it only goes back to that) but it should be
>> the same as it matches my 97 perfectly..
>> -----------------
>> TheSnoMan.com

Did you get them okay?
TheSnoMan.com
Old November 16th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Rob[_3_]

Yes! Thank you!

What did we ever do without the internet and Google

Take care,
Rob