2001 L200 -- set locks not to open automatically

Old November 1st 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Jonathan Roberts

Default 2001 L200 -- set locks not to open automatically

Can't find the manual anywhere, and I originally did this so long ago I
can't recall how to do it.

Just had to have the body computer changed on this car, and now the door
locks all open up when I shut off the engine.

Can someone tell me how I reset the system so the locks stay closed when
the engine is off?

Many thanks.

--
"Coloured and animated, the concerts and spectacles are as many
invitations to discover the universes of musicians and artists
Old November 8th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
New & Improved - N/F John

Why don't you just call the dealer and ask over the phone?

Old November 8th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_2_]

In article <cBa4h.9284$Wd5.8138@trnddc05>,
says...
> Why don't you just call the dealer and ask over the phone?
>
> "Jonathan Roberts" > wrote in message
> >
> > Can't find the manual anywhere, and I originally did this so long ago I
> > can't recall how to do it.
> >
> > Just had to have the body computer changed on this car, and now the door
> > locks all open up when I shut off the engine.
> >
> > Can someone tell me how I reset the system so the locks stay closed when
> > the engine is off?
> >
> > Many thanks.
> >
> > --
> > "Coloured and animated, the concerts and spectacles are as many
> > invitations to discover the universes of musicians and artists
> > who tint with happiness our reality."
> > To reach me reverse: moc(dot)xobop(at)ggeztran

I'm tired but this should contain what he's looking for

Programming Procedu Customer Programmable Automatic Door Locking

With the engine OFF, you can activate and de-activate this feature by
turning the ignition key to ACC or RUN and pressing the LOCK portion of
the power door lock switch for 8 seconds. If the horn chirps once after
pressing the power door lock switch, the automatic door locking feature
will operate. If the horn chirps twice after pressing the switch, the
automatic door locking feature will not operate.

When this feature is activated on vehicles with an automatic transaxle,
all doors will lock as the transaxle is shifted out of P (Park) if the
ignition key is in the RUN position and all doors are closed.

In the following two situations, when a door is opened, all doors will
lock again:

* The brake pedal is applied, a door is opened then closed, and the
brake is released.
* A door is opened and closed without the brake pedal applied while
the vehicle is moving faster than 5 km/h (3 mph).

When this feature is activated on vehicles with a manual transaxle, all
doors will lock when the vehicle goes faster than 5 km/h (3 mph) if the
key is in the RUN position and all doors are closed.

If someone needs to get in or out of the vehicle after the doors have
automatically locked, unlock all of the doors using a power door lock
switch or unlock the door you want using the manual door lock control.
Customer Programmable Automatic Door Unlocking

With the engine OFF, you can activate and de-activate this feature by
turning the ignition key to ACC or RUN and pressing the UNLOCK portion
of the power door lock switch for 8 seconds. If the horn chirps once
after pressing the power door lock switch, the automatic door unlocking
feature will operate. If the horn chirps twice after pressing the
switch, the automatic door unlocking feature will not operate.

When this feature is activated, all doors will unlock when the key is
removed

-----------
Old November 9th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Jonathan Roberts

BläBlä wrote:

> Programming Procedu Customer Programmable Automatic Door Locking

Many thanks ... I have occasion to drive around New York City and the
last thing I need is having the doors open when I don't want them to. <g>

Old November 10th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article >, =?iso-8859-15?Q?Bl=E4Bl=E4?=
. S!RCRE4P.C0M> wrote:
>In article >,=20
says...
>> Bl=E4Bl=E4 wrote:
>>=20
>> > Programming Procedu Customer Programmable Automatic Door Locking

>>=20
>> Many thanks ... I have occasion to drive around New York City and the=20
>> last thing I need is having the doors open when I don't want them to. <g>
>>=20

>Yeah thats a good thing. So are CCW permits. ;-)

Didn't think they issued those in NYC...

--
Regards,