I love traction control

Old January 22nd 05, 10:37 PM
Oppie

Default I love traction control

We're having a heck of a blizard today in Metro New York. Had to make a few
erands before the snow got too high and was driving in aobut 4" of powder
snow. The 'low traction' light was on for a good portion of the trip and it
was certainly no speed demon as the system cut the throttle to keep
traction. Even made it up a pretty steep hill slow and steady.
My son, with his silverado 2500, was having more handling issues than I was.

I did see something new on my '01 lw300, The hvac blower stopped working on
high for about 5 minutes after a start. Lower speeds were all working. Got
to look into that one. Don't know if it was something loose in the right
side passenger compartment fuse panel. Noticed this right after a passenger
gettin in. Might have kicked something? The AC must have been out too since
the windows fogged up terribly.

City is doing a good job of keeping the streets clear but we now have about
6" on the ground with a predicted accumulation of up to two feet. I'm in for
the night now...

Oppie

Old January 22nd 05, 11:25 PM
Jonnie Santos

"Oppie" > wrote in message

> We're having a heck of a blizard today in Metro New

> I did see something new on my '01 lw300, The hvac blower stopped working
> on
> high for about 5 minutes after a start. Lower speeds were all working.
> Got
> to look into that one. Don't know if it was something loose in the right
> side passenger compartment fuse panel. Noticed this right after a
> passenger
> gettin in. Might have kicked something? The AC must have been out too
> since
> the windows fogged up terribly.

I thought the AC cuts off (turns off) when outside temps drop to very cold?
I had mine shut off going over the Grapevine (a piece of Interstate 5 north
of Los Angeles) in the winter once - had the same probs with the fogging
windows (of course I wasn't smart enough to slow down).

Old January 23rd 05, 01:02 AM
Napalm Heart

"Oppie" > wrote in message
> We're having a heck of a blizard today in Metro New York. Had to

make a few
> erands before the snow got too high and was driving in aobut 4" of

powder
> snow. The 'low traction' light was on for a good portion of the trip

and it
> was certainly no speed demon as the system cut the throttle to keep
> traction. Even made it up a pretty steep hill slow and steady.
> My son, with his silverado 2500, was having more handling issues

than I was.

> I did see something new on my '01 lw300, The hvac blower stopped

working on
> high for about 5 minutes after a start. Lower speeds were all

working. Got
> to look into that one. Don't know if it was something loose in the

right
> side passenger compartment fuse panel. Noticed this right after a

passenger
> gettin in. Might have kicked something? The AC must have been out

too since
> the windows fogged up terribly.
>
> City is doing a good job of keeping the streets clear but we now

have about
> 6" on the ground with a predicted accumulation of up to two feet.

I'm in for
> the night now...
>
> Oppie

About a foot in my driveway (about 200 yards). I got it plowed out
about an hour ago. I'm betting it will be filled back in when I get
home from work in the morning.

Ken

Old January 23rd 05, 04:20 AM

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:37:44 -0500, "Oppie" >
wrote:

>We're having a heck of a blizard today in Metro New York. Had to make a few
>erands before the snow got too high and was driving in aobut 4" of powder
>snow. The 'low traction' light was on for a good portion of the trip and it
>was certainly no speed demon as the system cut the throttle to keep
>traction. Even made it up a pretty steep hill slow and steady.
>My son, with his silverado 2500, was having more handling issues than I was.
>
>I did see something new on my '01 lw300, The hvac blower stopped working on
>high for about 5 minutes after a start. Lower speeds were all working. Got
>to look into that one. Don't know if it was something loose in the right
>side passenger compartment fuse panel. Noticed this right after a passenger
>gettin in. Might have kicked something? The AC must have been out too since
>the windows fogged up terribly.
>
>City is doing a good job of keeping the streets clear but we now have about
>6" on the ground with a predicted accumulation of up to two feet. I'm in for
>the night now...
>
>Oppie

Don't have traction control(don't know if it would have worked on the
unplowed hills we have), but have spider-spikes. My SL2 rammed
throught even plowed up snow like it wasn't there. Traveling even
felt better in deeper snow.

I love em, and I didn't even get my hands dirty putting them on.

later,

tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com

Old January 23rd 05, 04:05 PM
Blah Blah

> I did see something new on my '01 lw300, The hvac blower stopped working on
> high for about 5 minutes after a start. Lower speeds were all working. Got
> to look into that one. Don't know if it was something loose in the right
> side passenger compartment fuse panel. Noticed this right after a passenger
> gettin in. Might have kicked something?

This was real easy to figure out looking at the schematics of your car.
On high your powers sent through a relay and on any other setting its
sent through your resistor pack. If your relay is cutting out that would
be your problem. Check your left instrument panel fuse block for this
relay.
Old January 23rd 05, 07:59 PM
Oppie

> wrote in message
> Don't have traction control(don't know if it would have worked on the
> unplowed hills we have), but have spider-spikes. My SL2 rammed
> throught even plowed up snow like it wasn't there. Traveling even
> felt better in deeper snow.
>
> I love em, and I didn't even get my hands dirty putting them on.

Neve heard of 'spider spikes'. What are they?

I thought about getting studded snow tires but I spend most of my driving on
the highway. For the few times I would need them, the noise wasn't worth it.

Oppie

Old January 23rd 05, 08:07 PM
Oppie

"Blah Blah" > wrote in message
> This was real easy to figure out looking at the schematics of your car.
> On high your powers sent through a relay and on any other setting its
> sent through your resistor pack. If your relay is cutting out that would
> be your problem. Check your left instrument panel fuse block for this
> relay.

Thanks, I thought I remembered seeing a relay in the service manual that
only worked on blower High. Was out on the road a few times today and the
blower was working properly on all speeds. Will see if the problem comes
back and trace it out then.

City did a great job of clearing the roads. We had about 14"(hard to say
with all the wind drifts). Hardest part was getting out of the driveway
after being plowed in.
Oppie

Old January 23rd 05, 10:45 PM
Jonnie Santos

....couldn't get conventional chains on an S series with tight tire/fender
clearances...

http://www.spikes-spiders.com/

Old January 23rd 05, 10:51 PM
Bill Davis

"Oppie" > wrote:

>Never heard of 'spider spikes'. What are they?

http://www.spike-spider.com/

Does the PCM control the Traction Control Lee3333 Saturn 3 November 25th 04 12:28 AM
Traction Control not working Lee3333 Saturn 0 November 11th 04 06:39 PM
Traction Control TF Corvette 8 November 7th 04 07:42 PM
traction control adder BMW 1 November 3rd 04 05:42 PM