99 lhs heater problems

Old April 8th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 99 lhs heater problems

My 99 LHS seems to have a heater problem. In the past 2 weeks it will
not always heat up in the morning. We can set the temp at 75 and up
with no response. It sometimes acts this way during the day as well.

Any ideas?

thanks
dave B.
Old April 8th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Bad thermostat? Was radiator fluid recently changed? Could be an air
bubble was left in radiator.

Old April 8th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

liteflyer 1 wrote:

> My 99 LHS seems to have a heater problem. In the past 2 weeks it will
> not always heat up in the morning. We can set the temp at 75 and up
> with no response. It sometimes acts this way during the day as well.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks
> dave B.

My Concorde doesn't have the auto-temp controls, so I've not had this
problem. But 300M's have the ATC system, and there are frequently posts
on the 300M Club forums about the kind of problem you're having - almost
always a simple matter of re-cal'ing the ATC - here's how:
http://300mclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9163
Also read the second post in case that's your problem.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old April 8th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Bill Putney wrote:

> ...almost
> always a simple matter of re-cal'ing the ATC - here's how:
> http://300mclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9163
> Also read the second post...

....meaning the second post in that thread on the 300M CLub forums.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old April 8th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

--

"liteflyer 1" > wrote in message
> My 99 LHS seems to have a heater problem. In the past 2 weeks it will
> not always heat up in the morning. We can set the temp at 75 and up
> with no response. It sometimes acts this way during the day as well.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks
> dave B.

Dave the first thing to check is the coolant level. If its low top it off.
Since you cant tell if there are any fault codes stored in any controllers,
start by having the vehicle at an ambient temp of 50 to 80 degrees. remove
m-1 (IOD) circuit fuse located under the hood in the PDC or disconnect the
battery for 10 minutes to erase any fault codes. reconnect battery or
install fuse, start the engine. Now the HVAC system will go into a
recalibrate mode. This may take up to about 5 min.
Now check to see if the system is working properly.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old April 9th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Coolant level ok, nothing has been changed since 8 months ago when I
replaced the raditator. My wife drives it most of the time, I drove it
this morning and noticed that with the temp up at 75 and outside air
53, the controls on Auto, that the interior fan was trying to run at
max. After awhile it started working and everything seemed to be
normal.

Glenn thanks for the info from you and Bill I will try what you both
suggested.
thank you
dave B.

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 18:29:44 -0400, "maxpower" >

Old April 9th 06, 08:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

liteflyer 1 wrote:

> Coolant level ok, nothing has been changed since 8 months ago when I
> replaced the raditator. My wife drives it most of the time, I drove it
> this morning and noticed that with the temp up at 75 and outside air
> 53, the controls on Auto, that the interior fan was trying to run at
> max. After awhile it started working and everything seemed to be
> normal.
>
> Glenn thanks for the info from you and Bill I will try what you both
> suggested.
> thank you
> dave B.

You're welcome. I think re-setting will fix it.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')