Cherokee fuel pump

Old November 30th 04, 03:39 PM
David Amundi

Default Cherokee fuel pump

Can anyone please tell me if I need to drop the tank to replace the
fuel pump on a 1997 Cherokee Sport?

TIA,

Dave

Old November 30th 04, 03:54 PM
Mike Romain

You don't have to on the AMC Cherokees, not sure about the Chrysler
version. On the old ones, the pump changes from the front of the tank.

Ok, I am not sure about this, but your fuel sending unit is under
recall. They will replace it.

I 'think', but could be way off, that the sending unit is part of the
fuel pump, so you get everything.

I am sure someone here knows for sure.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old November 30th 04, 03:54 PM
Mike Romain

Old December 1st 04, 02:09 AM
bowgus

For what it's worth ... and if I remember my mechanic's words correctly as
he was scanning for parts, the '96 (which mine is) is the only year the
pump/sending were combined.

Old December 1st 04, 02:09 AM
bowgus

Old December 1st 04, 03:57 AM
mic canic

tank has to come out
recalls apply to zj not xj

Old December 1st 04, 03:57 AM
mic canic

tank has to come out
recalls apply to zj not xj

Old December 1st 04, 06:28 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

All electronic fuel injected cars, GM, Ford, and your Chrysler are
combined, in tank, and the tank must come out. Except for the first AMC
Cherokees have the opening at the forward part of the tank and can be
accessed without pulling the tank.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 1st 04, 06:28 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Old December 1st 04, 02:27 PM
David Amundi

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks all.