MFFY Driver Get His Come-Uppance

Old December 24th 04, 10:11 PM
Dave Head

Default MFFY Driver Get His Come-Uppance

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 09:20:28 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>All you MFFYs had better watch who you **** over - sometimes the
>victims fight back...
>
>http://www.ocregister.com/ocr/2004/1...cle_355455.php
>
>RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA – An encounter in traffic - possibly a lane
>change that offended somebody - led to a pickup-to-pickup shouting
>match and then a fatal stabbing, officials said Thursday in announcing
>the arrest of the man who they say wielded the weapon.

Well, the website has a registration requirement, so I won't be reading it
directly, but...

"possibly a lane change that offended somebody"

Bingo! What've I been saying? Yeah, that its dangerous out there, and you can
**** somebody off _way_ more easy _jumping_ in front of 'em than simply _being_
in front of 'em...

But y'all just go right ahead, jumping in the right lane because of some
anachronistic idea, and then jumping out in the left lane when people are
approaching from the rear in case they might be ducklings... and see if you get
attacked like this.

DPH

Old December 24th 04, 10:11 PM
Dave Head

Old December 24th 04, 10:29 PM
Nate Nagel

Dave Head wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 09:20:28 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> > wrote:
>

>>All you MFFYs had better watch who you **** over - sometimes the
>>victims fight back...
>>
>>http://www.ocregister.com/ocr/2004/1...cle_355455.php
>>
>>RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA – An encounter in traffic - possibly a lane
>>change that offended somebody - led to a pickup-to-pickup shouting
>>match and then a fatal stabbing, officials said Thursday in announcing
>>the arrest of the man who they say wielded the weapon.

> Well, the website has a registration requirement, so I won't be reading it
> directly, but...
>
> "possibly a lane change that offended somebody"
>
> Bingo! What've I been saying? Yeah, that its dangerous out there, and you can
> **** somebody off _way_ more easy _jumping_ in front of 'em than simply _being_
> in front of 'em...
>
> But y'all just go right ahead, jumping in the right lane because of some
> anachronistic idea, and then jumping out in the left lane when people are
> approaching from the rear in case they might be ducklings... and see if you get
> attacked like this.
>
> DPH

Why in the world would you "jump out into the left lane when people are
approaching from the rear?" That's the LAST thing one should think to
do in that situation!

You really have absolutely no clue how to drive, do you?

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old December 24th 04, 10:29 PM
Nate Nagel

Old December 24th 04, 11:50 PM
Dave Head

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:29:05 -0500, Nate Nagel > wrote:

>Dave Head wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 09:20:28 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>All you MFFYs had better watch who you **** over - sometimes the
>>>victims fight back...
>>>
>>>http://www.ocregister.com/ocr/2004/1...cle_355455.php
>>>
>>>RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA – An encounter in traffic - possibly a lane
>>>change that offended somebody - led to a pickup-to-pickup shouting
>>>match and then a fatal stabbing, officials said Thursday in announcing
>>>the arrest of the man who they say wielded the weapon.

>> Well, the website has a registration requirement, so I won't be reading it
>> directly, but...
>>
>> "possibly a lane change that offended somebody"
>>
>> Bingo! What've I been saying? Yeah, that its dangerous out there, and you can
>> **** somebody off _way_ more easy _jumping_ in front of 'em than simply _being_
>> in front of 'em...
>>
>> But y'all just go right ahead, jumping in the right lane because of some
>> anachronistic idea, and then jumping out in the left lane when people are
>> approaching from the rear in case they might be ducklings... and see if you get
>> attacked like this.
>>
>> DPH
>>

>Why in the world would you "jump out into the left lane when people are
>approaching from the rear?" That's the LAST thing one should think to
>do in that situation!

Exactly! But there's folks here that think I'm "inattentive" if I don't notice
these people coming from the rear, and act to prevent them from becoming a
duckling on my left rear while I'm in the right lane. Hey, you figger it
out...

>You really have absolutely no clue how to drive, do you?

Sure I do. I don't do that...

DPH

Old December 24th 04, 11:50 PM
Dave Head

Old December 24th 04, 11:52 PM
Nate Nagel

Dave Head wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:29:05 -0500, Nate Nagel > wrote:
>

>>Dave Head wrote:

>>>Well, the website has a registration requirement, so I won't be reading it
>>>directly, but...
>>>
>>>"possibly a lane change that offended somebody"
>>>
>>>Bingo! What've I been saying? Yeah, that its dangerous out there, and you can
>>>**** somebody off _way_ more easy _jumping_ in front of 'em than simply _being_
>>>in front of 'em...
>>>
>>>But y'all just go right ahead, jumping in the right lane because of some
>>>anachronistic idea, and then jumping out in the left lane when people are
>>>approaching from the rear in case they might be ducklings... and see if you get
>>>attacked like this.
>>>
>>>DPH
>>>

>>Why in the world would you "jump out into the left lane when people are
>>approaching from the rear?" That's the LAST thing one should think to
>>do in that situation!

> Exactly! But there's folks here that think I'm "inattentive" if I don't notice
> these people coming from the rear, and act to prevent them from becoming a
> duckling on my left rear while I'm in the right lane. Hey, you figger it
> out...

If they aren't actually beside you, what's the problem?

>>You really have absolutely no clue how to drive, do you?

> Sure I do. I don't do that...

No, you don't (have a clue that is.) You wouldn't admit to cruising in
the left lane if you did.

nate

Old December 24th 04, 11:52 PM
Nate Nagel

Old December 25th 04, 12:41 AM
Dave Head

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 17:52:20 -0500, Nate Nagel > wrote:

>Dave Head wrote:

>>>Why in the world would you "jump out into the left lane when people are
>>>approaching from the rear?" That's the LAST thing one should think to
>>>do in that situation!

>> Exactly! But there's folks here that think I'm "inattentive" if I don't notice
>> these people coming from the rear, and act to prevent them from becoming a
>> duckling on my left rear while I'm in the right lane. Hey, you figger it
>> out...
>>

>If they aren't actually beside you, what's the problem?

They are. They (sometimes) slow down when they get to me, and take up a
position on my left rear quarter panel. Some here think I should jump out in
front of them to block them from doing that. Not gonna happen. Of course,
I'm supposed to be clairvoyant to be able to tell which approaching cars are
going to become ducks, and which aren't. Uh huh...

>>>You really have absolutely no clue how to drive, do you?

>> Sure I do. I don't do that...

>No, you don't (have a clue that is.) You wouldn't admit to cruising in
>the left lane if you did.

Here we go again...

Try to ditch the mantra for once and see if _you_ can figure out what to do
about the ducklings approaching from the left rear, before you know they are
ducklings. I have my solution. Other solutions I've been offered do come with
the possibility of ending in a shooting or stabbing, as they are very
offensive.

DPH

Old December 25th 04, 12:41 AM
Dave Head