A Never-Ending Supply of MFFY

Old September 9th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Default A Never-Ending Supply of MFFY

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Scott en Aztlán
said in rec.autos.driving:
> I'm afraid I must once again disappoint Ed White and all the other
> JLEDIs in this group and report that I immediately nipped into the
> turnout and used it to pass the MFFY **** who was blocking the street.
> Fortunately for me, nobody was using the turnout for its intended
> purpose at the time.

Sounds like some creative driving, even though I've been known on
occasion to use a turnout to pass a turning or otherwise too slow
vehicle.

The thing that I don't get, though is that on university campuses, the
Campus Money Making Department errrrrr..... Campus Police are usually
more over zealous on parking enforcement than a small FL speed trap 301.
I'm surprised that bimbo did not get a ticket for her shenanigans (or
you for that matter... ;-)

--
D ummies &
I diots
Old September 9th 06, 06:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

necromancer wrote: <brevity snip>

> I'm surprised that bimbo did not get a ticket for her shenanigans (or
> you for that matter... ;-)

Another alternative perspective might be that the turnout was
completely occupied when the "bimbo" arrived leaving her but one
choice. It's a good thing to consider that situations are not always
as they appear, to the latecomer especially.

I used to park so close to those assholes who take up 2 or more parking
spaces until I exited to find my car, all by itself, looking like I was
an asshole who takes up 2 or more parking spaces. Duh... I never thunk
of that.

I really see nothing wrong with Scott's manuever... except I guess he
didn't get his permit and parked illegally or was using the campus
parking lot as a shortcut. He hasn't explained his business that
necessitated accessing a campus parking lot.
-----

- gpsman

Old September 10th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

said in rec.autos.driving:
> Even more amazing is the fact that the Campus Police station was right
> around the corner! My guess is most of the cops were on their lunch
> breaks.

Or more likely they were out trolling the student parking lots where
demand usually far out strips supply to write parking tickets. When I
was in college years ago, this revenue generating department had the
nerve to call itself, "campus safety," eventhough their main mission had
absolutely nothing to do with safety what so ever....

--
F ools &
B umbling
Old September 11th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

necromancer wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Scott en Aztlán
> said in rec.autos.driving:
> > Even more amazing is the fact that the Campus Police station was right
> > around the corner! My guess is most of the cops were on their lunch
> > breaks.

> Or more likely they were out trolling the student parking lots where
> demand usually far out strips supply to write parking tickets. When I
> was in college years ago, this revenue generating department had the
> nerve to call itself, "campus safety," eventhough their main mission had
> absolutely nothing to do with safety what so ever....

I take it you weren't one of the many women on campus using campus
police to escort you to/from your car/dorm...
-----

- gpsman

Old September 11th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> necromancer > said in rec.autos.driving:

>> Or more likely they were out trolling the student parking lots where
>> demand usually far out strips supply to write parking tickets. When I
>> was in college years ago, this revenue generating department had the
>> nerve to call itself, "campus safety," eventhough their main mission had
>> absolutely nothing to do with safety what so ever....

> Think of it as "to COLLECT and to serve (the proceeds to government
> officials)" in action.

A better way to put it is "to observe and collect," instead of "to serve
and protect."
Old September 13th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Garth Almgren

Around 9/10/2006 8:59 PM, gpsman wrote:

> necromancer wrote:
>> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Scott en Aztlán
>> said in rec.autos.driving:
>>> Even more amazing is the fact that the Campus Police station was right
>>> around the corner! My guess is most of the cops were on their lunch
>>> breaks.

>> Or more likely they were out trolling the student parking lots where
>> demand usually far out strips supply to write parking tickets. When I
>> was in college years ago, this revenue generating department had the
>> nerve to call itself, "campus safety," eventhough their main mission had
>> absolutely nothing to do with safety what so ever....

> I take it you weren't one of the many women on campus using campus
> police to escort you to/from your car/dorm...

Campus police? Being a fully accredited state law enforcement agency (as
in badge totin' with guns on their hips), they were too busy writing
parking tickets to worry about the trivial stuff like making sure that
students got home safely!

Escorting vulnerable young women was left up to an all-volunteer student
club at my school.

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.