rotting moneywort

Old January 29th 04, 12:38 AM
Dacaprice

Default rotting moneywort

I have a few moneyworts in my planted 20 gallon tank. All of the
moneyworts seem to rot slowly, in the section of the stem that is
closest to the gravel. Other than that the plant looks perfectly
healthy. There are also many white strands growing from different
sections of the stem. Are they roots? if not what are they and what
should/can be done with them. I have a 6700K 65 watt flourescent
light which should be more than efficient so I think light isn't a
problem. I also have a UGF with a powerhead, temp is steadily 78
degrees F, mechanical filter with bio wheel. pH is a high at 7.6, 0
ppm of nitrite, 0 ppm of ammonia, and the general hardness is 10 dGH.
This tank has been established for about 6 months now, everything in
it however was moved from a tank that was running for about 3 years.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

rotting moneywort Dacaprice Plants 6 February 2nd 04 03:01 AM
Anubia flower rotting Otavio Exel Plants 3 January 13th 04 03:25 PM