alternator rebuilding software for sale

Old October 20th 04, 06:50 AM
Ted Azito

Default alternator rebuilding software for sale

That isn't software, that's data.

There are many alternator rebuild resources out there but the older
auto factory manuals had excellent details on this. There are also
several books out there. However unless you have a hydraulic press and
a lathe usually you can't rebuild alternators for what local shops
can. At least not the older ones.

I got a GM alternator for my diesel Benz-the previous owner modified
the bracket to take a Delco-for $23.00 with a Lifetime Guarantee at a
chain parts joint. That's tough to beat.Mopars and Fomocos were a
couple of bucks more. You have to be hardcore cheap to want to ****
with them for that.

Old October 20th 04, 11:17 AM
Nate Nagel

Ted Azito wrote:

> That isn't software, that's data.
>
> There are many alternator rebuild resources out there but the older
> auto factory manuals had excellent details on this. There are also
> several books out there. However unless you have a hydraulic press and
> a lathe usually you can't rebuild alternators for what local shops
> can. At least not the older ones.
>
> I got a GM alternator for my diesel Benz-the previous owner modified
> the bracket to take a Delco-for $23.00 with a Lifetime Guarantee at a
> chain parts joint. That's tough to beat.Mopars and Fomocos were a
> couple of bucks more. You have to be hardcore cheap to want to ****
> with them for that.

No, you'd have to be sick of alternators that are "rebuilt" mostly by
cleaning the cases. The quality of many "rebuilt" rotating electrics is
**** poor; often taking a decent used unit and merely cleaning it up and
repairing what's wrong with it is better than buying a cheap "rebuilt"
and gambling that it's not it worse condition than the one you already have.

Besides, a can of electric parts cleaner is even cheaper than $23.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old October 20th 04, 11:17 AM
Nate Nagel

Ted Azito wrote:

> That isn't software, that's data.
>
> There are many alternator rebuild resources out there but the older
> auto factory manuals had excellent details on this. There are also
> several books out there. However unless you have a hydraulic press and
> a lathe usually you can't rebuild alternators for what local shops
> can. At least not the older ones.
>
> I got a GM alternator for my diesel Benz-the previous owner modified
> the bracket to take a Delco-for $23.00 with a Lifetime Guarantee at a
> chain parts joint. That's tough to beat.Mopars and Fomocos were a
> couple of bucks more. You have to be hardcore cheap to want to ****
> with them for that.

No, you'd have to be sick of alternators that are "rebuilt" mostly by
cleaning the cases. The quality of many "rebuilt" rotating electrics is
**** poor; often taking a decent used unit and merely cleaning it up and
repairing what's wrong with it is better than buying a cheap "rebuilt"
and gambling that it's not it worse condition than the one you already have.

Besides, a can of electric parts cleaner is even cheaper than $23.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Search software Examiner for alfa 156 Jetway Alfa Romeo 1 December 15th 04 02:43 PM
OBD-II Software mick Alfa Romeo 11 November 13th 04 01:57 PM
BMW CARSOFT DIAGNOSTIC SOFTWARE BestAutoScientist BMW 0 November 8th 04 09:02 PM
Anybody using the new GIAC software ? Kevin Spreng Audi 0 November 5th 04 05:35 AM
Earn $500 to $700 per Week Downloading FREE Software Cash Cow Antique cars 0 August 16th 03 03:39 AM