1999 Yukon blower motor

Old May 16th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 1999 Yukon blower motor

I drive a 99 Yukon with dual air. the rear works fine, but the front
blower motor is inoperative on high. the other speeds work fine. I
replaced the blower motor relay located behind the glove box... still
no luck. before I throw any more parts at it, can anyone give me any
ideas? I don't believe its the motor itself, so I'm thinking switch or
bad ground?

I subscribe to ALL-DATA for this vehicle, and they have a component
test that I could try, but it involves installing lots of jumper wires.
I keep having visions of the wiring harness glowing red like a toaster
if I were to try it! Any help would be appreciated.

mark

Old May 16th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

If I am not mistaken you should have a direct feed from the switch to
the blower motor on high settings. There should be a resistor block in
between the two somewhere near the blower motor. if the motor turn on
lower speeds that means the blower motor is okay. I would check for
broken wires or connections at the connectors by looking for pushed
back terminals in the connectors. if you don't see any, check for
continuity at the motor to the switch. and work your way back to one
end or the other. Stopping at each connection in between.

Old May 18th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

I would imagine you have a bad switch. Put it on high and tap on it a
few times. If the blower comes in you need to replace the switch. I've
seen the high speed contact burn open on many of these switches.

Chris

Old May 18th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

thanks very much for the info... i'll try it.

Old May 18th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

thanks very much. i appreciate it.