Replacing T5 tubes.

Old January 23rd 04, 11:14 PM
Pedro Pereira

Default Replacing T5 tubes.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me in how much time should I replace my T5 tubes ? (6 / 8
months like T8 ) ?

Thank you

Pedro Pereira

Old January 26th 04, 12:02 PM
Joachim Laufer

you can keep T5 tubes until the end, there is not need to replace
them like it should be done with the old tube technique
Cheers - Joachim

Old January 27th 04, 01:01 AM
Michi Henning

"Joachim Laufer" wrote in message
you can keep T5 tubes until the end, there is not need to replace
them like it should be done with the old tube technique

Really? That would imply that T5 tubes keep their full brightness
(or nearly so) for their entire life until they fail. Is that really true?
I know that other tubes, such as T8 and T12, do lose brightness
as they age.

--
Michi Henning Ph: +61 4 1118-2700
ZeroC, Inc. http://www.zeroc.com

Old January 28th 04, 05:40 PM
RedForeman

As cheap as they are, and the result of NOT replacing would be worse than
actually doing so, I'd replace them just as if they were T8s or T12s...

--
RedForeman

skylight tubes JR_JR Reefs 1 February 16th 04 06:05 AM
Replacing Gravel Bed for Corys David J. Braunegg General 3 January 31st 04 05:59 AM
What lighting controller and tubes from this site... Marcus Fox General 0 August 2nd 03 06:56 PM
What lighting controller and tubes from this site... Marcus Fox Plants 0 August 2nd 03 06:56 PM
Can I replace four 36 W compact fluorescent light tubes with 24 W? Ketoses Plants 0 July 27th 03 11:39 PM