Starving 95 Neon

Old October 26th 04, 12:42 AM
Michael

Well... to answer all the questions.
The car had been off for about five mins. The temp today was average about
10'C, so cold temp and a cold engine would not be an issue.
As I mentioned, it would sputter as if it wanted to start, but did not have
the fuel to do so.
There was no engine light that came on once the car started. Checked the for
error codes once she got home today and there was nothing.
As for tune ups, The spark plugs are about 3 weeks old, and maybe 1500km on
them. I have not had a chance to pull them to see what they look like. Will
do that tomorrow.
There is a cold air intake on the car, with a clean filter. (cleaned it
about two weeks ago)

I am wondering about the fuel filter. I was wondering if that may be the
issue as I believe that it has never been changed by any of the previous
owners of the car, and I have never changed it.
I will check the plugs tomorrow, and run some injector cleaner through it. I
hope it was a fluke occurrance.

Mike
mlawrenc(at)rcc.on.ca

Old October 26th 04, 02:34 PM
Michael

Ok, so I pulled the plugs, they look nice and tanned as they should. The car
has not acted up after that one time occurrance. I am out of ideas as to
what could be the cause.

Old October 26th 04, 02:34 PM
Michael

Old October 26th 04, 06:17 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Let sleeping gremlins lie?

DAS
---

"Michael" <mlawrenc(NO > wrote in message

[...]
> The car
> has not acted up after that one time occurrance. I am out of ideas as to
> what could be the cause.

[...]

Old October 26th 04, 06:17 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Let sleeping gremlins lie?

DAS
---

"Michael" <mlawrenc(NO > wrote in message

[...]
> The car
> has not acted up after that one time occurrance. I am out of ideas as to
> what could be the cause.

[...]

Old October 27th 04, 01:50 AM
mic canic

that tune would include servicing the battery which i know is corrioded

Old October 27th 04, 01:50 AM
mic canic

Old October 27th 04, 01:51 AM
Michael

WTF?

Old October 27th 04, 01:51 AM
Michael

WTF?

Old October 27th 04, 02:20 AM
Bill Putney

maxpower wrote:

> Holding your foot to the floor is turning the fuel off with this vehicle,
> that tells me the vehicle was flooded...

I doubt it actually turns the fuel off (unless WOT with engine off
condition is an actual trigger for the engine computer to do so), but,
in general, the reason pushing the pedal to the floor at startup clears
a flooded condition is that the open butterfly gives free flow to air to
purge the excess gasoline out of the combustion chamber and into the
exhaust (rather than cutting fuel off per se).

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')