Oil in the air filter (Passat)

Old November 2nd 04, 10:16 AM
Spitfiremk9

Default Oil in the air filter (Passat)

I have a 1982 Passat 1600CL Estate.

I have just had a new head gasket and there seems
little wear in the engine. No smoke from the exhaust.
Still torky.

BUT

I am getting oil blown into the air filter from the air breather.
I got the garage to clean out the chamber on the rocker cover.
Could it still be blocked?

Will I need a new rocker cover ?

ALSO

Does anybody know where I can get seat covers that cover the
back seats, which are about 30-70%

Cheers for any help.
Old November 2nd 04, 11:25 AM
Iain Miller

"Spitfiremk9" > wrote in message
> I have a 1982 Passat 1600CL Estate.
>
> I have just had a new head gasket and there seems
> little wear in the engine. No smoke from the exhaust.
> Still torky.
>
> BUT
>
> I am getting oil blown into the air filter from the air breather.
> I got the garage to clean out the chamber on the rocker cover.
> Could it still be blocked?
>
> Will I need a new rocker cover ?
>
> ALSO
>
> Does anybody know where I can get seat covers that cover the
> back seats, which are about 30-70%
>
> Cheers for any help.

Sounds like you do have some wear in the rings - suggest you get a
compression test done.

I.

Old November 11th 04, 09:12 AM
Spitfiremk9

Many thanks for your suggestion.

Would this be an uneconomical repair considering the
age of the car ?
Regards,

Spitfire