Clutch Noise Problem

Old November 6th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Greg[_5_]

Default Clutch Noise Problem

Awhile back I posted a topic about my 2000 Civic Si's chirping sound:
"My 2000 Civic Si is makes a squeaking/chirping noise when the engine
is running. I can make the noise go away by putting a very small amount
of weight on the clutch pedal. I can also make the noise go away if I
gently push in on the boot that covers the joint between the clutch
slave cylinder and the clutch fork." I was pointed to a link
(http://www.hondasuv.com/stg/viewtopi...349&highlight=) that
covers re-greasing the clutch fork.

I attempted this fix yeserday, and found that at least on my civic,
re-greasing the ends of the release fork where it meets the release
bearing is nearly "impossible" without a really really long syringe. I
had a pediatric spinal tap needle and it wasn't even close. I'm not
sure the syringe in the above tutorial would have been long enough. I
also tried wire but there just isn't enough room in there to carefully
get the wire/grease where it needs to go. That is the bad news.

The good news is that re-greasing the portion of the release fork that
meets up with the slave cylinder piston head seems to have removed the
chirping noise. That was super easy to do. So for those of you with a
similar problem, take the easy route and don't worry about greasing the
point where the fork meets the release bearing--just wait until you
have to pull the transmission for a clutch or whatever. I hope this
update helps someone else.

Clutch noise problem Greg[_5_] Honda 6 August 31st 06 03:14 PM
rec.autos.makers.chrysler FAQ, Part 1/6 Dr. David Zatz Chrysler 5 March 21st 05 05:33 AM
rec.autos.makers.chrysler FAQ, Part 1/6 Dr. David Zatz Chrysler 5 March 6th 05 05:29 AM
rec.autos.makers.chrysler FAQ, Part 1/6 Dr. David Zatz Chrysler 10 November 16th 04 05:28 AM