97 T&C Problems

Old October 30th 04, 04:54 AM
sodbrother

Default 97 T&C Problems

I just purchased a 97 T&C LXi with the 3.8L engine. It was wrecked in
the front and I have already had a frame shop straighten the front
end. I have reassembled most everything under the hood. I am having
trouble getting the van to start. It seems I am not getting any
spark. As far as I can tell everything is plugged in except the
headlights, turn signals, and marker lights. I had checked and
checked and I cannot find anything else unplugged. They had unplugged
the fuse box, computer, and several other plugs. All I have bolted
back in their correct position. I have also checked all the fuses
under the hood. The airbags did not deploy in the crash. THE van
started before I took it into the frame shop. Engine was pushed back
a few inches. I installed new motor mounts and a new serpentine belt.

Another problem that I have had since I purchased the van is the key
will not turn all the way back and release. it will go to the start
position and back one click to the run position and thats it.

Any ideas on these problems will be greatly appreciated.
Old October 30th 04, 11:46 PM
PC Medic

"sodbrother" > wrote in message
om...
>I just purchased a 97 T&C LXi with the 3.8L engine. It was wrecked in
> the front and I have already had a frame shop straighten the front
> end. I have reassembled most everything under the hood. I am having
> trouble getting the van to start. It seems I am not getting any
> spark. As far as I can tell everything is plugged in except the
> headlights, turn signals, and marker lights. I had checked and
> checked and I cannot find anything else unplugged. They had unplugged
> the fuse box, computer, and several other plugs. All I have bolted
> back in their correct position. I have also checked all the fuses
> under the hood. The airbags did not deploy in the crash. THE van
> started before I took it into the frame shop. Engine was pushed back
> a few inches. I installed new motor mounts and a new serpentine belt.

Engine pushed back a couple inches!, Frame needed straightening!, but the
airbag did not deploy??
You sure the airbags are still intact?

Old October 30th 04, 11:46 PM
PC Medic

Old October 31st 04, 07:51 PM
sodbrother

The accident was someone struck the front of the van from left to
right. the impact was to the front bumper. The impact was not
straight on. The airbags are good. Also the van started when we
first picked it up. It will not start since I brought it home from
the body shop. The body shop had unplugged the computer, ecu, and
fuse box. I have plugged everything back in and now the engine turns
over but I have no spark.

Old October 31st 04, 07:51 PM
sodbrother

Old November 2nd 04, 03:29 AM
sodbrother

In case anyone is following this message I have solved the problem.
It seems someone at the body shop stole the ASD Relay from the fuse
box under the hood. Had to get a new one from the dealer. Started
right up.

Old November 2nd 04, 03:29 AM
sodbrother

Old November 2nd 04, 05:41 AM
sodbrother

Old November 2nd 04, 05:41 AM
sodbrother

Old November 3rd 04, 03:18 AM
mic canic

funny you state that since most horn switches are air bag covers
i have seen this a couple of times from auction cars