Come on, let's get this thing moving!!!

Old January 10th 05, 10:41 PM
Tim

Default Come on, let's get this thing moving!!!

What the hell is with people that drive 20 MPH up a straight onramp? I kid
you not, 20 MPH.

The other day I turned onto an onramp behind a driver that was going 20, and
I kept waiting for him to speed up, but he never did. The ramp is long
enough that you can give 50% throttle once you turn onto the ramp and be at
70MPH by the time the lane joins with the main highway. So once I figured
that this bozo wasn't going to speed up I slowed down to build up space in
front of me (this meant almost stopping on the ramp), then timing my
manuvure such that I floor it, and just as I get close to the rear of buddy
I can move over into a gap in the right lane at interstate speeds. I passed
him like he was standing still (which he almost was).

What would posses someone to drive so slow on an onramp? That's slower than
a residental road. That's slower than a semi could do on the ramp. I don't
even want to think about how he managed to merge (if he did), and if he was
going to continue to drive 20 on the interstate.

Old January 10th 05, 10:47 PM
Brent P

In article >, Tim wrote:

> What would posses someone to drive so slow on an onramp? That's slower than
> a residental road. That's slower than a semi could do on the ramp. I don't
> even want to think about how he managed to merge (if he did), and if he was
> going to continue to drive 20 on the interstate.

They are common morons. They expect the world to adjust to them.
Not even a semi bearing down on them will get them to accelerate.
I've been cut off by two different truckers in less than a week because
the truckers decided it was better to cut me off than deal with the merge
impared.

Old January 10th 05, 10:47 PM
Brent P

Old January 11th 05, 04:54 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Tim" > wrote in message

> What would posses someone to drive so slow on an onramp?

Fear.

Old January 11th 05, 04:54 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman