Wisbone noise/WD40

Old July 31st 06, 10:15 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Barry Bingham

Default Wisbone noise/WD40

Squeak time again on the 156: got the wishbones swapped on one side last
year but the other side has started and I can't get it done until the
other side of a 2000 mile touring holdiday in which the squeaking will
drive me absolutely bonkers (unless it rains for two weeks!). I've read
that the temporary cure is to spray WD40. But where exactly? I've googled
this but pictures helpfully posted elsewhere seem to have been reoved from
the server....

Old July 31st 06, 02:52 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
John, UK.

Barry Bingham wrote:
> Squeak time again on the 156: got the wishbones swapped on one side last
> year but the other side has started and I can't get it done until the
> other side of a 2000 mile touring holdiday in which the squeaking will
> drive me absolutely bonkers (unless it rains for two weeks!). I've read
> that the temporary cure is to spray WD40. But where exactly? I've googled
> this but pictures helpfully posted elsewhere seem to have been reoved from
> the server....

I would just spray wd40 all over each bush then it will seep into where
ever it has movement and reduce the squeaking.
John,UK.

Old August 2nd 06, 01:00 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Spark

"John, UK." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Barry Bingham wrote:
>> Squeak time again on the 156: got the wishbones swapped on one side last
>> year but the other side has started and I can't get it done until the
>> other side of a 2000 mile touring holdiday in which the squeaking will
>> drive me absolutely bonkers (unless it rains for two weeks!). I've read
>> that the temporary cure is to spray WD40. But where exactly? I've
>> googled
>> this but pictures helpfully posted elsewhere seem to have been reoved
>> from
>> the server....

> I would just spray wd40 all over each bush then it will seep into where
> ever it has movement and reduce the squeaking.
> John,UK.

try lubing your rollbar bushes... more common than wishbone bushes for
squeaking, bit of a pig toget at though to be honest