90 honda civic, 100k miles - think it's safe?

Old July 31st 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default 90 honda civic, 100k miles - think it's safe?

Hi,

I'm considering buying a 1990 honda civic with 90 k miles in it. It
will mainly be used to get to work along the freeways.

I'm going to test drive it and get it inspected before hand - is there
anything specific i should look for? Do you think this would be a safe
car? There is a New distributor and New CV joints.

Thanks

Old July 31st 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle

Ninety thousand miles is very young for a 1990 Civic. If the
price is right, and it checks out, it should give you years
of service.

The site below gives some of the checks I think are
important, along with pricing information:
http://home.earthlink.net/~honda.lioness/id18.html

Elle
Original owner, 1991 Civic, 180k miles.

Old July 31st 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
duckbill

The milage is very, very low which should set off some alarm bells. Get a
Carfax report to verify the milage. Find out why it's so low? Could the
odometer be turned back or was it just used for short trips around town?
Short trips are killers. In my opinion, most state inspections are about
worthless for a car buyer. You really need to have it looked at
professionally. And then, there is always the possibility it was in a
wreck, or stored for a long time. Bottom line, you should know the true
history of the vehicle. Open the radiator cap (when cool) and look
inside, open the engine oil fill cap and look inside for engine sludge.
If its an auto transmission, check the color of the fluid (it should be
pink)and check its smell. Does the car smoke at all, especially when it's
first started? Look under the carpets and under the spare tire for water
leaks and the possibility of hidden rust. Good luck!

Old August 1st 06, 10:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Honda H Emblem Badge Shop and Store Civic Accord Integra Acura Jazz
Type-R S2000

Where can I buy Honda H Emblem Badge Red, Blue, Black, White, Yellow ?

Who buy these badge in www.autoxpat.com ?

http://www.autoxpat.com/shop/

Please comment and address about this shop of price and services ..

Regards,

RC Man