Honda Accord 1999 Clutch Problems

Old March 1st 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Honda Accord 1999 Clutch Problems

Hi

I am having some intermittent problems with my clutch. Normally the
bite of the clutch is failry high in terms of the pedal travel.
However, on the odd occassion, after depressing the clutch, the bite
will be really low which causes the car to try an pull away to early.

The clutch also sometimes to feel sticky when being released, after
being depressed, although the bite is normal.

The car has been recently service with no apparent problems to the
clutch.

Gareth

Old March 1st 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Gareth wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am having some intermittent problems with my clutch. Normally the
> bite of the clutch is failry high in terms of the pedal travel.
> However, on the odd occassion, after depressing the clutch, the bite
> will be really low which causes the car to try an pull away to early.
>
> The clutch also sometimes to feel sticky when being released, after
> being depressed, although the bite is normal.
>
> The car has been recently service with no apparent problems to the
> clutch.
>
> Gareth

check your fluid level. may also be a leaky seal - cylinder replacement
time.
Old March 1st 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On 1 Mar 2006 05:14:29 -0800, "Gareth" >
wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am having some intermittent problems with my clutch. Normally the
>bite of the clutch is failry high in terms of the pedal travel.
>However, on the odd occassion, after depressing the clutch, the bite
>will be really low which causes the car to try an pull away to early.
>
>The clutch also sometimes to feel sticky when being released, after
>being depressed, although the bite is normal.
>
>The car has been recently service with no apparent problems to the
>clutch.
>
>Gareth

Sounds like it could be the early stage of a clutch master cylinder
failure. Maybe a little bit of bypass at the piston packing that is
intermittant or is sealing up with temperature changes. Look for
signs of leakage on the firewall at the back of the clutch master
cylinder.