Window Tinting (TX vs. NC)

Old March 11th 05, 05:46 PM
Maxima via CarKB.com

Default Window Tinting (TX vs. NC)

Hello,

We have moved from TX to NC and are planning to stay here for about 6
months. Yesterday we registered our car here and tried to have our car
inspected but got a rejection because our back window is too dark and does
not meet the state requirement of 35%. (the side windows are fine)

Since we are going back to TX after a certain period is it possible to have
this requirement waived? I don't want to remove the tinting and then have
it done again. I tried to contact a local DMV but no response yet.

Maybe someone had a similar situation. Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Maxima

Old March 11th 05, 09:25 PM
David

"Maxima via CarKB.com" > wrote in message ...

> Since we are going back to TX after a certain period is it possible to have
> this requirement waived?

Since your stay is temporary it's hard to believe you need to register your
car in NC. You might need to keep a Texas mailing address though.

Old March 11th 05, 11:05 PM
Steve B.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:46:17 GMT, "Maxima via CarKB.com"
> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>We have moved from TX to NC and are planning to stay here for about 6
>months. Yesterday we registered our car here and tried to have our car
>inspected but got a rejection because our back window is too dark and does
>not meet the state requirement of 35%. (the side windows are fine)
>
>Since we are going back to TX after a certain period is it possible to have
>this requirement waived? I don't want to remove the tinting and then have
>it done again. I tried to contact a local DMV but no response yet.
>
>Maybe someone had a similar situation. Your advice is appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Maxima

Easy... Don't register your car in North Carolina. If your only
there for a short time you don't need to register the car there. We
have tons of people here in FL that are down for months at a time
without changing registration.

Steve B.
Old March 11th 05, 11:21 PM
Maxima via CarKB.com

Well, we did not keep our mailing address, as a result we had to change our
car registration because our TX car registration has expired.

I had no idea we would have troubles passing the car inspection in NC. Our
rear window has 21% visible light transmission. I personally do not see any
difference between our side windows that passed the test and our back
window.

It is sad that I need to remove the tinting...

Thank you for your answer,
Maxima

Old March 11th 05, 11:26 PM
Maxima via CarKB.com

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your answer. I kind of already did register it. 9 months: Is it
a short period of time?

Old March 12th 05, 01:00 AM
David

"Maxima via CarKB.com" > wrote in message ...
> Well, we did not keep our mailing address, as a result we had to change our
> car registration because our TX car registration has expired.

Mailboxes Etc.

I doubt there's anyting wrong with it, as it sounds like y'all are still Texans,
and returning soon. Course you need to reregister there. Long time since
I registered a vehicle in Texas. Would you need a vehicle inspection?

Old March 16th 05, 04:40 AM
« Paul »

Maxima via CarKB.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have moved from TX to NC and are planning to stay here for about 6
> months. Yesterday we registered our car here and tried to have our car
> inspected but got a rejection because our back window is too dark and does
> not meet the state requirement of 35%. (the side windows are fine)
>
> Since we are going back to TX after a certain period is it possible to have
> this requirement waived? I don't want to remove the tinting and then have
> it done again. I tried to contact a local DMV but no response yet.
>
> Maybe someone had a similar situation. Your advice is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Maxima

I don't know your answer, but...
Why bother having it registered in NC?
I've lived around the US and never bothered with that.
When is your TX inspection sticker due?
The license sticker you can always have mailed to you.
(You can have an inspection sticker mailed to you, too.) ;/

69 fastback drivers window [email protected] Ford Mustang 1 March 6th 05 12:45 AM
1994 Accord LX Power Window Problem R. P. Honda 6 December 28th 04 03:09 AM
Window tinting Rick DeBay BMW 7 November 24th 04 09:11 PM
2000 Cabrio Driver's Window Weatherstripping Question Jose R. Perez VW water cooled 0 October 21st 04 03:32 AM
Powe Window Problem Skid Saturn 0 June 20th 04 03:08 PM