A handy tip for filling up your tank.

Old December 10th 04, 03:10 AM
John David Galt

Mike Behnke wrote:
> Not hypothetical. Read up.
>
> http://www.staticfire.org/mopress.html
> http://www.esdjournal.com/static/refuelfr.htm

The MythBusters show on TLC disproved this just last week.
Old December 10th 04, 04:55 PM
Big Bill

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:10:16 -0800, John David Galt
> wrote:

>Mike Behnke wrote:
>> Not hypothetical. Read up.
>>
>> http://www.staticfire.org/mopress.html
>> http://www.esdjournal.com/static/refuelfr.htm

>The MythBusters show on TLC disproved this just last week.

Whule I find the Mythbusters to be extremely entertaining, their
methodology leaves much to be desired.
I agree that they showed that it's nowhere as easy to do as the
popular lore sugests, but their demonstration was not anything that
could be called scientific.
Did you see their chicken gun fiasco?

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old December 10th 04, 04:55 PM
Big Bill

Old December 11th 04, 12:25 AM
Paul

"Matthew Russotto" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Paul > wrote:
> >
> >From my experience when I worked at a gas station one summer during

my
> >college years, a slow pump means a nearly empty storage tank and that
> >you are just pulling up all the water, rust and other crap at the

bottom
> >of the tank. Do you really want to put that into your vehicle?

> Must have had a different type of pump than the ones I dealt with.
> They were pretty much constant flow until they stopped.

Maybe. I just went by what the boss told me was the reason for the pumps
to slow down.

--

Friends don't let friends shop at wal-mart or circuit city.

Old December 11th 04, 12:25 AM
Paul

Old December 11th 04, 06:38 AM
Arif Khokar

Jim Yanik wrote:

> but you can clean the ENTIRE windshield,not just the part wiped by the
> blades.you can also clean the sides and rear window,too.

I've had problems where those gas station squeegees end up leaving some
oily substance on my windshield. I just purchased my own squeegee and
use it along with glass cleaner.
Old December 11th 04, 06:38 AM
Arif Khokar

Old December 11th 04, 03:12 PM
Jim Yanik

Arif Khokar > wrote in
:

> Jim Yanik wrote:
>
>> but you can clean the ENTIRE windshield,not just the part wiped by the
>> blades.you can also clean the sides and rear window,too.

> I've had problems where those gas station squeegees end up leaving some
> oily substance on my windshield. I just purchased my own squeegee and
> use it along with glass cleaner.

someone probably had contaminated the tank the station's squeegee uses.
I also keep a squeegee and glass cleaner in my car.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
Old December 11th 04, 03:12 PM