Startron.

Old March 24th 11, 05:28 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

Default Startron.

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 22:11:06 -0500, cuhulin wrote:

> That radio talk show I listen to Mondays through Fridays, it is mostly
> about politics.Once or twice each week, they have an hour or two of auto
> talking.People call in about their car or truck or small engines
> equipment.The radio talk show host guy said Star Tron really works, he
> might have tried it out himself.
>
> It might be later on this week or next week when I go shopping.I think I
> read that Walmart sells Star Tron, Walmart is where I go food shopping
> anyway.I will look for Star Tron at Walmart.If Walmart doesn't have it, I
> will check a few auto parts stores.My van's gas gage shows about 1/4 of a
> tank.I will gas up my van and pour a small bottle of Star Tron in the
> tank, except for a little bit I will save for my lawn mower. I don't think
> it will hurt anything to try it out. cuhulin

Let us know what happens. The only things I add to gas are the occasional
bottle of Tecron or MMO. My '85 Corolla GTS was starting to knock back
years ago and I started running Chevron in it, and the knocking (Pinging?)
went away. Since then they have left the Northeast.
Old March 24th 11, 01:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 22:11:06 -0500, cuhulin wrote:

> That radio talk show I listen to Mondays through Fridays, it is mostly
> about politics.Once or twice each week, they have an hour or two of auto
> talking.People call in about their car or truck or small engines
> equipment.The radio talk show host guy said Star Tron really works, he
> might have tried it out himself.

Sure, it works. But what does it DO?

Since they don't claim that it does anything in particular, I suspect it
doesn't do anything in particular. That would be working.
--scott

Old March 25th 11, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On 23 Mar 2011 14:31:58 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>hls > wrote:
> wrote in message
>>>A local radio talk show host said Startron really works.
>>> Have you ever used it?

http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?q=Startron
>>> cuhulin

>>I'll bet you a Budweiser it wont hold up to strict evaluation.

>Well, the thing is.... what is it supposed to actually do? The advertising
>doesn't really claim it will do anything specific. It helps with "ethanol
>problems" whatever those might be.
>
>>MSDS says it is ca 99.5+ % naphtha and less than 0.5% organic
>>"kryptonite".

>The Lucas stuff is about 40% naptha and 60% soap, and it seems to do
>a decent job of cleaning junk out of the fuel lines and carb. But then
>again, it's promoted as a cleaning product. The Startron isn't really
>promoted as doing anything other than having vague benefits.
>--scott

It has very specific benefits..... to the crooks selling it.