Think Gas is Expensive? Prices Will Continue to Rise

Old March 17th 11, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Think Gas is Expensive? Prices Will Continue to Rise

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=304682

Just in time for Spring and Summer.Higher prices, less traveling for
many people.Cutting those vacations and road trips Short.
cuhulin

Old March 18th 11, 10:50 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
J.B. Wood

On 03/17/2011 03:58 PM, wrote:

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=304682

> Just in time for Spring and Summer.Higher prices, less traveling for
> many people.Cutting those vacations and road trips Short.
> cuhulin

Hello, and my 2-month old 2011 Focus is getting 30 mpg just driving
around town (metro DC area). I take perverse pleasure in seeing all
those one-occupant gas-guzzling SUV owners squirm. And people around
here still won't slow down on the highway. Maybe the public deserves
this. A little time spent in the UK will teach one real quick about
high petrol prices.

--
J. B. Wood e-mail:
Old March 18th 11, 01:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=304682
>
> Just in time for Spring and Summer.Higher prices, less traveling for
> many people.Cutting those vacations and road trips Short.
> cuhulin

Maybe it is just a bit of paranoia, but it seems the price of gasoline
always start to rise gently, leading into the summer holiday season.

I guess "they" think we have no other options, that we are all tied to
14 mpg V8s, or that we dont have the spine to reduce our driven
miles.

Surprise!

Old March 18th 11, 04:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

When I was at Fort Hood,Texas in 1965, I owned a 1961 VW van I had
bought at Steakely used cars lot in Killeen,Texas, next door to Fort
Hood.On one of my three day leaves from Fort Hood, I came home and I saw
an ad in the local newspaper.1963 VW beetle for sale $1,100.The guy
lived about two miles behind doggy's couch.I went over there and I
bought that 1963 green VW beetle car.It never did get less than 30 miles
per gallon in city driving.I don't remember how many miles per gallon it
got out on the highways and Interstates, but it was pretty good.I wish I
had kept that car.
cuhulin

Old March 18th 11, 08:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

hls wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=304682
>>
>> Just in time for Spring and Summer.Higher prices, less traveling for
>> many people.Cutting those vacations and road trips Short.
>> cuhulin

> Maybe it is just a bit of paranoia, but it seems the price of gasoline
> always start to rise gently, leading into the summer holiday season.
>
> I guess "they" think we have no other options, that we are all tied to
> 14 mpg V8s, or that we dont have the spine to reduce our driven
> miles.
>
> Surprise!

Find the hidden pattern he
http://inflationdata.com/inflation/i...ices_Chart.htm

and report back please.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Old March 21st 11, 06:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

On Mar 17, 2:58*pm, wrote:
> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=304682
>
> Just in time for Spring and Summer.Higher prices, less traveling for
> many people.Cutting those vacations and road trips Short.
> cuhulin

I just fired up one of my mopeds the other day.. Looks like I'll be
driving it to work more often.
Old March 22nd 11, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Mopeds Rule! I might have to fix up my Moped and start riding
it.Somebody would probally rip it off though.
cuhulin