C3 Pain Number? perhaps suggestion.

Old December 6th 04, 04:09 AM
Jim

Default C3 Pain Number? perhaps suggestion.

Hello and thanks for any constructive suggestions on this thread.
I have a 1977 Vette. It is in excellent shape.
My question deals with the exterior side posts (windshield sides)
and top part of the windshield frame that are painted black in color. I have
some minor scratches in the black color that I would like to repair. My
question is this......is there a paint number for this to duplicate?...Since
the original paint is 28 yrs old, was the black color
Hi -gloss?....semi-gloss?....satin?....

I think I can do this job myself as I am good with an airbrush (detail
my own radio controlled aircraft) and have used automotive
sprays....metallic etc...
I guess I just need a paint number if there is one... Thanks for
anyone that can help with this. Warmest regards and happy holidays...Jim

Old December 6th 04, 04:12 AM
Jim

Old December 6th 04, 04:12 AM
Jim

Old December 6th 04, 03:57 PM
bad65

The major vette suppliers sell the correct paint for your window trim. It
comes in a spray bomb and is more than enough to do the job. If I remember
correctly it was a satin finish.

Brian

Old December 6th 04, 03:57 PM
bad65

Old December 17th 04, 08:53 PM
ADRIENE DIMITRAS

Black Satin Spray Enamel is the original paint for your vehicle. It is
available in spray cans from Automotive Supply Stores for about $5 per can.
Mar-Hyde makes an excellent version of this paint.

Old December 17th 04, 08:53 PM
ADRIENE DIMITRAS

Seat Pain? JJ Audi 5 January 14th 05 05:11 PM
Looking for Audi 100 5 speed manual Transaxle. Type 016 with Serial Number prefix 3U BRIAN Audi 0 October 23rd 04 04:25 PM
E65 Assist number Paul Aspinall BMW 0 October 17th 04 09:27 PM
Help on instrument part number, AutoCheck emvsat Audi 0 August 13th 04 08:38 AM