how to remove a radio from 2004 Chevy full size Truck??

Old May 25th 04, 06:34 AM
timm

Default how to remove a radio from 2004 Chevy full size Truck??

hello,
is there anybody that knows the details of how to remove
the factory radio from the dash of an 04 Chev dashboard.

thanks,
tim

Old May 27th 04, 01:55 AM
Death

timm > wrote in
nk.net:

> hello,
> is there anybody that knows the details of how to remove
> the factory radio from the dash of an 04 Chev dashboard.
>
> thanks,
> tim

Leave it unlocked and your local stereo thief will happily remove it for
you.. free of charge.

Std radio

Remove the cluster bezel.

Remove the 3 screws (1).
Pull out the radio assembly slightly in other to gain access to the
connectors. Disconnect the wire connectors.
Disconnect the coaxial cable from the radio.
Remove the radio assembly from the I/P.

Installation Procedure

Connect the coaxial cable to the radio.
Connect the wire connectors.
Push in the radio assembly in the opening in order to install the
screws.

Install the 3 screws (1). Tighten
Tighten the screws to 1.6 N·m (14 lb in).

Install the cluster bezel. .
Calibrate the new radio assembly.

Digital radio

Removal Procedure

Important: Do NOT swap digital radio receivers between vehicles.
Swapping digital receivers between vehicles will activate the digital
radio Theftlock®, and "XM Theftlock®" will display.

Remove the right side junction block from the instrument panel (I/P).
Do not disconnect the electrical connectors.
Lower the I/P compartment door to the full open position.
From the junction block opening, remove the 2 retaining screws.
Pull the receiver and bracket assembly from the I/P compartment opening.

Disconnect the wire connector (1).
Disconnect the coaxial cables from the receiver.
Remove the receiver and bracket assembly from the I/P.

Installation Procedure

Connect the coaxial cables.
Connect the wire connector (1).
Install the receiver and bracket assembly to the I/P.
Install the 2 retaining screws. Tighten
Tighten the screws to 1.6 N·m (14 lb in).

Install the right side junction block to the I/P.
Close the I/P compartment door.
Perform the setup procedure for the digital radio receiver. Refer to
Digital Radio Receiver Setup .

Important After replacement of an XM Radio receiver, call XM Radio to
deactivate the receiver that has been removed from the vehicle and
activate the new XM Radio receiver.
The vehicle must be parked outside in an open area within 24 hours after
an activation call.
Turn the radio on, tune to the XM channel 0, and record the radio ID
from the radio.
The ID will be needed for activation of the new
receiver.
Call XM Radio at 1-800-556-3600 to deactivate the faulty receiver and
activate the new receiver.
Park the vehicle outside in an area with an unobstructed view of the
southern sky.
Leave the vehicle outside with the ignition switch in the ACC position
and the radio turned ON for 30 minutes to activate XM service.
Once activated the radio will receive the remaining XM Radio channels.